• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

The problem of JumpingBoy with DVDShrink when working background.

jinjin_jp

Whether is this a feature or bug ?
DVD which has famous protection "JumpingBoy" can't be procedured by DVDShrink when AnyDVD working in background.
AnyDVDRipper has no problem.

I supppose the reason by comparing with DVD of RipGuard which has no problem.
The cell of "Ripguard" is made to unreferenced materal, and not described in Cell Adress Table.
But the cell of "JumpingBoy" is unreferenced materal from first, but remains in Cell Adress Table.

And is it legal that some vob-ID is lack in mid ?

Regards.

jinjin_jp just change the unreferenced mataterial to still image and it will process just fine.

Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Then import that rip into Shrink.

@big_moviefreak
jinjin_jp just change the unreferenced mataterial to still image and it will process just fine.
Yes, I know. And if say more information, the error is depend on setting.
When AEC=off or Max Sharp, it has error.
But when Sharp, Smooth, MaxSmooth ,or No Compression, it has no problem.

@Webslinger
Right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Then import that rip into Shrink.
Yes, I kow.
I was going to write it in "AnyDVDRipper has no problem." Is it mean same thing?

And about what I want to know, you mean it is not a bug but the feature?

Regards.

@Webslinger

Yes, I kow.
I was going to write it in "AnyDVDRipper has no problem." Is it mean same thing?

And about what I want to know, you mean it is not a bug but the feature?

Regards.

Yes, what you said means the same thing.

There's only so much AnyDVD can do on-the-fly. Unfortunately in some cases DVD Shrink and other programs will need to process the files after they've been ripped to the HDD. It's a sad fact of life.

There are some movies [and protections] that may always require that you use the AnyDVD ripper or CloneDVD to initially rip the disc to the HDD before processing with other programs (ie DVD Shrink, Nero Recode, etc). The first protection that comes to mind is X-Protect. For the best results always always rip to the HDD first and then process.

Last edited:
@Webslinger and DrinkLyeAndDie

Thanks for the explanation.
I understand.

Regards.

Back