• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resident Evil: Extinction ISO

Tanquen

I’ve done a number of Blu-ray movies that all play fine (just did Rush Hour 3)but this last one just sets there with a blank screen in PowerDVD. Is this a profile 1.1 issue? I’m using PowerDVD 7.3.3104a.1.

I was using Vista as HD movies seem to crash my XP install. I booted into XP and installed 7.3.3516.0 and it plays just barely. It took me about 10mins to get it to play as all the buttons like play and the menus are all disabled. On the main screen with play highlighted I finally hit enter and the movie started. It maxes out the poor old FX-60 and drops more frames than my mom drops her free cell phone. Other HD movies played with the older PowerDVD played fine and may still I’ll have to check.

The Simpsons don't play with the new PowerDVD. :(

Last edited:
3516 supports Profile 1.1 BUT it is buggy as hell. Resident Evil 3 works fine even with all this IME stuff in Vista UNTIL you try to watch the movie. It actually plays but there are freezes of one sec lenght every couple of minutes. Then at approx. 32:20 the picture freezes completely but the time counter still runs. It's not a random freeze, cause it happens every time. I could watch the movie to the end by jumping to 32:22. I think then freezes are connected to the IME stuff.

At first I tought it was a bad disc, but when I watched the movie in ArcSoft Digital Theatre 2 Trial there were no freezes. But since DT2 dooesn't support Profile 1.1 the IME audio is mixed into the normal movie audio stream and you cannot disable that at all. So DT2 is useless and Showtime 4 doesn't even start playback, only black screen.

So ther is no fix for this movie? How many others are like this?

So ther is no fix for this movie? How many others are like this?

I just picked up RE3 and I too could not play from disc with either PDVD or Nero Showtime. Making a copy to HDD, should be done in about 1/2 hour, will check and post findings.

All other movies have played flawlessly from HDD or the External 1TB drive I use for back-up.

I'm running XP SP2.

I was considering picking up the trilogy this weekend. Are you guys telling me that even with AnyDVD disabled I'm not going to get very far with playing the last one?? That would suck massively. I've yet to see it yet. And I badly want to.

Movie plays great from HDD. Loads up with a picture of a bird (I think its a swallow) changing color from white to red (possibly filling up with blood?).

That's one thing I have not tried is disabling anydvd before loading the movie. Anything I couldn't play from disc, I just rip it to HDD and play from there. I also find that playback is a bit more seemless than right from disc.

Also, 1 and 2 play just fine from disc.

Cheers

That's good to know. I may go see if I can get it this weekend.

You could wait for the HD DVD import version... ;)

At current exchange rates, importing stuff is a bit harder on the wallet than it used to be. I can do some but, not all that many, unfortunately. And considering I just bought the new LG drive, my funds are limited. I do, however, have some gift cards from Xmas. :)

What OS and PowerDVD version?

Movie plays great from HDD. Loads up with a picture of a bird (I think its a swallow) changing color from white to red (possibly filling up with blood?).

That's one thing I have not tried is disabling anydvd before loading the movie. Anything I couldn't play from disc, I just rip it to HDD and play from there. I also find that playback is a bit more seemless than right from disc.

Also, 1 and 2 play just fine from disc.

Cheers

What OS and PowerDVD version?

Win XP, not sure what build of PDVD, it's v7.3 BD Edition. I have not updated it in about 3 months. Everything works great, so why try to make round wheel rounder.

Round or rounder, I just want it to work. :) Ok, mine works in vista also but again the CPUs are maxed out and the frames are a little slow in parts of Resident Evil: Extinction with PDVD3516. If I install PDVD3104 Simpsons plays fine, no frame dropping but no Resident Evil: Extinction. The opposite is true if I install 3516 but if I use James' script PDVD3104 will start The Simpsons but it pauses and drops frames. When the script is used to switch to 3516 Resident Evil: Extinction seems to play the same as a normal PDVD3516 install.

Also, when I run the Simpsons with 3104 I get a screen about my player not fully supporting playback. I never got this before.

Last edited:
Anything further on this?

RE:Ext does the hesitation/stutter every second or so on my system, plus it freezes at two chapter boundaries.

P4 3.0Ghz
2Gb RAM
Visiontek HD2600 XT AGP video
Latest (8.1 hotfix) drivers
Samsung 40" 1080p TV w/DVI to HDMI cable
Latest AnyDVD installed (will be installing Jan 20/08 beta today or tomorrow)
PowerDVD Ultra retail 3516

Thanks!

Yea, I was able to pick it up last week and played it over the weekend. Same issues...it pegs my CPU during some of the chapter changes and promptly locks up my HTPC. Supposedly Cyberlink is working on a bug fix for the 3:10 to Yuma issue...I'm wondering if it'll fix this issue, as well. So far I've seen nothing that indicates that its' been released, though. It was supposedly coming out last week. ha ha. AnyDVD is not going to be able to do anything about this issue. It has nothing to do with it at all.

Is it possible to TSremux this title to remove extraneous fluff and play back just the movie without problems, or is it BD+?

Back