• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping TV Shows

killbarney1123

I recieved Heroes Season 1 for Christmas, I want to backup each episode to my external HDD, is there a way I can do this so I have 1 file per episode?

Using Context Help

@killbarney1123

On the Title Configuration page of CloneDVD Mobile go over to the "?" near the top right of the page.

Left click on the "?" That should give you a cursor that looks like a question mark.

Move the question mark cursor over one of the titles (e.g. 01 2:03:41 1-21 of 21 AC3/6 EN,AC3/2 EN) in the right pane and then left click again. I think you'll find your answer in the pop-up help box.

If not come back - I'll watch this thread.

~KnoWei

The steps KnoWei describes bring up the help (which might answer your question).

Does CloneDVD Mobile auto-select more than one title on this DVD? If so, each title may correspond to an individual episode. You can sanity-check this by checking how many titles are auto-selected against how many episodes there are on the DVD.

I haven't tried this on a multi-episode DVD and am a new user of CloneDVD Mobile so I don't know if this is correct.

Mike

wenglish is right about the episodes most likely being individual titles. I was just trying to lead killbarney1123 to the fishing hole, so to speak. What the pop-up help box should have shown you is that you can only choose one title from the DVD.

For the only two TV Series DVDs I've ever backed-up, each episode is a single title. Usually about 45 minutes in length for an hour long network show like Heroes (since there are no commercials). So typically there will be three or four episodes per DVD assuming a dual-layer 9GB original. Each episode is a title. Click the checkbox for one title. That's the episode that will become your avi file assuming you are using the Generic DivX profile.

~KnoWei

Question on the same line.

I have a TV series that I am trying to copy. However, when I run CloneDVDmobile it only sees the "play all episodes" string. I do not have the option of selecting one title at a time. Now if I browse the DVD with "My Computer" I can see each episode individually.

Any suggestions on how I can grab one episode at a time?

@Chipskip

Are you looking at the "Title Configuration" screen of CloneDVD Mobile?

What tab do you have selected on that screen?

~KnoWei

It's the disc... I swaer!

Thanks for trying to help. I have since been able to to grab individual episodes off other series. So that leads me to believe the problem is with the specific TV series I want to copy and not CloneDVDmobile.

Remember what Monty Python always says, "No one expected the Spanish Inquisition!"

Thanks for trying to help. I have since been able to to grab individual episodes off other series. So that leads me to believe the problem is with the specific TV series I want to copy and not CloneDVDmobile.

Remember what Monty Python always says, "No one expected the Spanish Inquisition!"
This may also be of interest (see my post #2):
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11867

Last night I pulled out two DVDs of an old 60's US TV show that I picked up in a grocery store a couple years back. Same show - three different episodes on each disk.

One disk had each episode as a separate Title file. Each Title file had three chapters: Opening credits, the episode, and closing credits. The other disk had all three episodes as one big Title file. Each episode was a chapter and the opening and ending credits were just part of each episode chapter.

Chipskip you might have one of those oddly mastered disks where all the episodes are indeed in one big Title file.

The solution is easy enough if this is your situation. Use the scissors and convert one chapter at a time into a seperate episode output file. Profcolli's link above shows the scissors option in graphic detail although for a slightly different application.

~KnoWei

Back