• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim DVD+R DL Media Problems?

Customer_1

Any info about the Verbatim media now being a problem, because it has changed mfg. locations? I've had no problems with 95310 product purchased some months ago, but a friends recent purchase from NewEgg had 2 out of 4 fail on my system, which has no problem with my earlier Verbatim media. I also see that folks on NewEgg are now reporting the Verbatim DL product has gone sour with recent purchases. Anyone here know what's going on with the Verbatim product? What is considered a suitable alternative brand?

Yeah, the ones made in Singapore tend to be better than the ones made in India.

As for alternatives, MAM-A 8x +R DLs are decent. That's not to be confused with MAM-E . . .

However, one should keep in mind that the capacity to burn +R DL discs properly is one of first things to go bad on a burner that's slowly dying.

Last edited:
Yeah, the ones made in Singapore tend to be better than the ones made in India.

As for alternatives, MAM-A 8x +R DLs are decent. That's not to be confused with MAM-E . . .

However, one should keep in mind that the capacity to burn +R DL discs properly is one of first things to go on a burner that's slowly dying.

eng8cz5.gif

Snip... the ones made in Singapore tend to be better than the ones made in India. However, one should keep in mind that the capacity to burn +R DL discs properly is one of first things to go bad on a burner that's slowly dying.

I 've evidently been using media mfg'd in Sinapore, as it burns fine without any problems. Drives are recent Pioneer 112d and 212d. It is only the new stock (within the last 15 days) that is troublesome. The stock I purchased over 90 days ago continues to produce copies without errors. How does somebody identify where the media was mfg'd? Online media sources do not include this info, nor have I seen anything on DVD media container labels, looking at packaging at local stores... where the prices are absurd. Is it the code on the hub that identifies place of mfg?
Thanks

Where the product is made is indicated below the bar code label.

17-130-008-04.jpg

Where the product is made is indicated below the bar code label.

17-130-008-04.jpg

Thank you, Webslinger! Guess I need stronger glasses. The labels are slightly different so the place of mfg appears in different places. Here are a couple of pics showing where to look, including the different outside labels, the bottom label used on the product mfg'd in Singapore :

mfg.jpg

labels.jpg

Hope this helps others here.

Back