• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

300 cannot be read....

boxbrownie

Anyone else had problems reading the 300 DVD? I can get it to play in my domestic DVD player but not on my home computer...I have tried Nero, PowerDVD, CloneDVD, AnyDVD and DVDshrink...but none of them can read the analysis....most annoying!

Best regards David

Does the PC optical drive recognize there is a disc present?

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

5. Anydvd can't see or detect my original dvd-video movie disc (or my drives can read cds and not dvds or vice versa). What should I do?

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Does the PC optical drive recognize there is a disc present?

Yes, both my DVD drives recognise the disk....in fact one almost plays the disk in media player but only the very start then it blocks up into a solid green screen!

Mr Slinger........but AnyDVD does see the disk.....after it does its little check on the disk I then open either Nero or CloneDVD to analyse the disk and then get the problem of the disk not being read correctly.

Yes, both my DVD drives recognise the disk....in fact one almost plays the disk in media player but only the very start then it blocks up into a solid green screen!

1 a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

2. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Is this the only disc that gives you the green screen?

Is this the only disc that gives you the green screen?

Yes....sometimes it will start to decode but then after just a few seconds of the opening sequence the screen blocks to green...

This is the info file...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_300.zip
    53.8 KB · Views: 10
This is the info file...

There's nothing interesting in terms of protection on that disc.

Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!

"Remove annoying adverts and trailers" doesn't work properly with all discs.

You either have a bad original disc or something is wrong with your playback software.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Ok now this really is wierd......just for the hell of it I tried DVDshrink but with AnyDVD closed.....managed to analysis the whole disk but not back it up as it said it was copyright (quite rightly).....so I kept AnyDVD turned off and tried WMP and PowerDVD which both failed to play the film when AnyDVD was active....but with AnyDVD off the film plays without problem...so it seems the fault does lay with AnyDVD somewhere....very very odd! But still means I cannot back this up to my comp or server system....

Ok now this really is wierd......just for the hell of it I tried DVDshrink but with AnyDVD closed.....managed to analysis the whole disk but not back it up as it said it was copyright (quite rightly).....so I kept AnyDVD turned off and tried WMP and PowerDVD which both failed to play the film when AnyDVD was active....but with AnyDVD off the film plays without problem...so it seems the fault does lay with AnyDVD somewhere....very very odd! But still means I cannot back this up to my comp or server system....

1. Disable "Remove annoying adverts and trailers".

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

managed to analysis the whole disk but not back it up as it said it was copyright (quite rightly)

That is weird, because I'm not seeing anything from Anydvd's status screen that would suggest Shrink couldn't handle this disc without Anydvd.

OK....Unistalled AnyDVD....and clean reinstall.....now CloneDVD analyses disk but will not re-compress so I get the error message file to big to fit on disk at the end of the process!! Nero Recode will still not even analyse the disk.....but......DVD shrink now works fine with AnyDVD running....

One thing I have noticed when played on the HTPC through PowerDVD or MediaPlayer there is a very thin vertical line very close the the right hand side of the screen......very very odd....

OK....Unistalled AnyDVD....and clean reinstall.....now CloneDVD analyses disk but will not re-compress so I get the error message file to big to fit on disk at the end of the process!!

You need to select "dvd-5" near the quality bar in Clonedvd if you're using single layer blanks.

One thing I have noticed when played on the HTPC through PowerDVD or MediaPlayer there is a very thin vertical line very close the the right hand side of the screen......very very odd....

That's not an Anydvd issue.

That's likely an issue with overscan and your dvd playback software.

Last edited:
You need to select "dvd-5" near the quality bar in Clonedvd if you're using single layer blanks.

That's not an Anydvd issue.

That's likely an issue with overscan and your dvd playback software.

Yes.....dvd-5 was not selected on the last attempt...my fault as I have been frantically changing settings to find a solution or clue! So clone works now, as for the overscan issue...I still find that odd as only happens with that particular DVD.....only with PowerDVD.....I'll try to update, but my version is pretty old now.

as for the overscan issue...I still find that odd as only happens with that particular DVD.....only with PowerDVD.....I'll try to update, but my version is pretty old now.

Yeah, that's not an Anydvd issue.

Last edited:
No it was a brain issue here....:D

Still does not explain the original problem of not being able to play the disk on the HTPC at all until AnyDVD was disable or reinstalled....but its working now so I will put it down to a software glitch....as it works fine after reinstall.

Must have been the millenium bug +8 :D

Still does not explain the original problem of not being able to play the disk on the HTPC at all until AnyDVD was disable or reinstalled....but its working now so I will put it down to a software glitch....as it works fine after reinstall.

That sounds to me as though the Anydvd installation on your system had become corrupt (for whatever reason . . . difficult to determine without being there in person) if reinstalling fixed it

Back