• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

burning backup copies

Zeugitai

I've got AnyDVD. I ripped a DVD that I own to the hard drive for the sake of making a backup copy. Now I can't seen to get Nero to burn the backed up files from the hard drive to a new DVD. What program is necessary to accomplish this? Thanks!

Clonedvd
Clonecd (with Verbatim or MAM-A +R DL blank media)
DVD Shrink
Nero Recode

are some common choices

Can you be more spicific about what you are doing, and what the problem is? Like error logs (from your burning program) and error messages? What software are you using to burn...

Got it!

Thanks for the reference to DVD Shrink; it is working "like a charm." :D

Can you be more spicific about what you are doing, and what the problem is? Like error logs (from your burning program) and error messages? What software are you using to burn...

The data needed to be compressed before Nero could make the burn.

Ooops...Spoke too soon.

The charm didn't work. DVD Shrink ran, I left the room for an hour and returned to find a fairly long failure report:

AutoRun : 1
Excluded drive IDs:
WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
ShowDrvBufStat : 0
BUFE : 0
Physical memory : 1022MB (1047264kB)
Free physical memory: 748MB (766484kB)
Memory in use : 26 %
Uncached PFiles: 0x0
Use Inquiry : 1
Global Bus Type: default (0)
Check supported media : Enabled (1)

NeroAPI
10:14:12 AM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276
DVD-Video files reallocation started

10:14:12 AM #2 DVDREALLOC -21 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1189
Required file 'VTS_08_0.VOB' is not present

10:14:12 AM #3 Phase 115 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 276
DVD-Video files reallocation failed

10:14:12 AM #4 Text 0 File NeroAPIBurnFS.cpp, Line 212
Failed to realloc DVD video files

If anyone is able to interpret the reason for the failure, I'd be very interested to know. Thanks! :(

Mark

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

One little problem with that...

The computer that is running these programs is not online. It is my work PC and I intentionally keep it off-line to avoid security hassles and the need of all those crap programs like Norton antivirus, etc.

The computer that is running these programs is not online. It is my work PC and I intentionally keep it off-line to avoid security hassles and the need of all those crap programs like Norton antivirus, etc.

The file is small and simple to transfer to the one you're typing on.

I am willing to help those that provide the information I request.

Misunderstanding

I did not mean to imply that I couldn't transfer the file to my connected machine. I appreciate the offer of help and certainly need it. I was at the other machine and tried to redo the entire backup using a different reader. Instead of the NEC ND1300A which I suspected may be having problems reading the disc, I started over using an HP 740b and the process has now run beyond the point where it previously failed. This is looking to be a hardware issue. The NEC is my old and faithful reader/writer; but it is offline and hasn't had the benefit of any firmware upgrades for years. I'll be back to update the thread whether or not the backup runs to completion.

OK, that was it.

Using the HP 740b "solved" the problem. The backup ran through to completion. The NEC ND1300A may be (is) getting too old to deal with new DVDs. Thanks for all your help.

Back