• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Remove region code

asimpkins

My sister in the UK sent me some DVDs for Christmas. They won't play in my DVD player because they have a different region code. I made backup copies and had the 'Remove region code' option checked in AnyDVD. However, they still won't play. I get the same 'Incorrect region code' error as before. Is there a way for AnyDVD to actually remove or bypass the region code?

My sister in the UK sent me some DVDs for Christmas. They won't play in my DVD player because they have a different region code. I made backup copies and had the 'Remove region code' option checked in AnyDVD. However, they still won't play. I get the same 'Incorrect region code' error as before. Is there a way for AnyDVD to actually remove or bypass the region code?
What region code is your drive set to?

The region code for North America is 1. Once you copy the DVD with AnyDVD on, the new DVD will be region free.

The region code for North America is 1. Once you copy the DVD with AnyDVD on, the new DVD will be region free.

That's what I thought, but it didn't work that way. Attached are my AnyDVD settings, but I still can't play the back-up copies on my DVD player.

Attachments

• any.jpg
    any.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 22
Is your television PAL-compatible? If these DVDs you were sent were from the UK, then the region-coding isn't the only barrier stopping you from watching them. AnyDVD will remove the region-coding, but copying with CloneDVD (or any other ripper, for that matter) won't convert PAL to NTSC. The reason you can watch it on your computer is that computer monitors aren't generally affected by this, but TVs are.

Last edited:
What about the program settings post this please.

The region code for North America is 1. I see his link any.jpg and see the region code on AnyDVD. Are there a place on my sonic Dvd player that i need to fix like this?

Sonic software very well might be the problem as it isn't a good choice to use to back up DVD's that you bought.

You can use nero Vision to convert it from PAL to NTSC, it takes Nero Vision a while to convert it then burn it.

It looks like you have PAL instead of NTSC disc, is this correct? If so follow post #11.

Is your television PAL-compatible? If these DVDs you were sent were from the UK, then the region-coding isn't the only barrier stopping you from watching them. AnyDVD will remove the region-coding, but copying with CloneDVD (or any other ripper, for that matter) won't convert PAL to NTSC. The reason you can watch it on your computer is that computer monitors aren't generally affected by this, but TVs are.

That could be the problem. According to Panasonic my TV is not PAL compatible, even though it's digital and HD. However, the error message was from the DVD player, not the TV. I have tried PAL tapes in the past and was able to get the sound OK but no picture.

That could be the problem. According to Panasonic my TV is not PAL compatible, even though it's digital and HD. However, the error message was from the DVD player, not the TV. I have tried PAL tapes in the past and was able to get the sound OK but no picture.

In order to plaback a PAL movie in the U.S. where the standard is NTSC then you would need a dvd player and a TV that can playback both formats, NTSC for U.S. standard and PAL.

Back