• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

File too large to fit on 4.38GB DVD

Guegs13

Hello everyone!! I just have a couple of quick questions ;) I own ANYDVD, and the person who recomended it too me said that it will automatically shrink the DVD that i want to burn, so that it fits on a regular DVD. I inserted the disc, then the little window came up saying that it was working. After that, I went into Nero, and went to "copy dvd." it did all it's jazz there, then told me to insert a blnk disc to burn the project onto. I inserted my 4.38GB dvd, it told me the disc was to small, and to insert a larger disc. that is my problem:D

Hello everyone!! I just have a couple of quick questions ;) I own ANYDVD, and the person who recomended it too me said that it will automatically shrink the DVD that i want to burn, so that it fits on a regular DVD. I inserted the disc, then the little window came up saying that it was working. After that, I went into Nero, and went to "copy dvd." it did all it's jazz there, then told me to insert a blnk disc to burn the project onto. I inserted my 4.38GB dvd, it told me the disc was to small, and to insert a larger disc. that is my problem:D

AnyDVD doesn't shrink it sounds like you are using Nero 6 as there is no compression done there. In version 7 or 8 it will compress it if you use Recode. Not sure if Recode shrinks in version 6 or not. If you want give clonedvd2 a try as it will shrink the titles for you and burn.

I own ANYDVD, and the person who recomended it too me said that it will automatically shrink the DVD that i want to burn, so that it fits on a regular DVD.

No. Anydvd doesn't shrink anything. Anydvd decrypts. Clonedvd shrinks.

I inserted my 4.38GB dvd, it told me the disc was to small, and to insert a larger disc. that is my problem:D

If you're a Nero owner, you will need to use Nero Recode. Also click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 if you're a Recode user.

I just looked now, it said that i am useing Nero 7 Ultra edition. Where to i find this thing you are talking about in Nero??? :D

I just looked now, it said that i am useing Nero 7 Ultra edition. Where to i find this thing you are talking about in Nero??? :D

Instead of using Nero express or burning rom use Nero Recode. If you don't have that installed you'll need to redownload that app and reinstall it and be sure you let Recode install.

Ok, I got it too burn, but i am thinking that there has to be an easier way to do so. I went into Nero, used "create your own dvd" then I pressed "add file from drive" or whatever, then I pressed the movie I want, and it took it, and is burning it now. Is there an easier way to do this, so that i do not have to save the movie to my hard drive?

Ok, I got it too burn, but i am thinking that there has to be an easier way to do so. I went into Nero, used "create your own dvd" then I pressed "add file from drive" or whatever, then I pressed the movie I want, and it took it, and is burning it now. Is there an easier way to do this, so that i do not have to save the movie to my hard drive?

Use Recode while the original is in the dvd drive if that fail and you don't want to waste time get clonedvd2 as it will compress and burn much easier as anydvd is made to work well with clonedvd2.

1. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=328 (read fully)

2. click http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/recode2.htm

3. Clonedvd guide can be found here: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476

Back