• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Do I really need a new DVD drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizLiz

Okay, in all the blurbs i read (before I bought ANYDVDHD) it never said once that I had to have an HD DVD drive. Was I just supposed to assume that? Any DVD works just fine with regular DVD's, but won't even see an HD disc. Why in the HELL don't you people say that???:mad:

Okay, in all the blurbs i read (before I bought ANYDVDHD) it never said once that I had to have an HD DVD drive. Was I just supposed to assume that? Any DVD works just fine with regular DVD's, but won't even see an HD disc. Why in the HELL don't you people say that???:mad:

Um. Well. If you looked at the AnyDVD HD webpage here and scroll down...

System Requirements

* IBM-compatible PC with a minimum 2 GHz Pentium-class microprocessor and 512 MB RAM
* Windows 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/XP64/VISTA/VISTA64
* 2 MB hard-disk space
* For HD-DVD/BluRay media, a HD-DVD or BluRay compliant drive is required.
* AnyDVD HD required Windows 98 as the minimum OS for standard DVDs.
* For HD decryption / ripping the minimum OS is Windows 2000 (latest SP).
* PC Player software usually requires Windows XP SP2 as the minumum OS.

There you have it.

Maybe

Because most people that know anything about HD or plan old DVDs know that you have to have a HD DVD player to play them. So maybe if you want to copy them you would have to have a burner that will support them too. Do you buy HD discs and play them in your regular DVD player too? :D

MizLiz,

If you are not satisfied with AnyDVD HD, you can get a refund. Just contact SlySoft support at http://www.slysoft.com/contact.html and ask for a refund.

Maybe you should know that your license key will be blacklisted then and will not work anymore...

My advise: keep AnyDVD HD - sooner or later you'll need it.

Tom

I just brought one of these new fangled DVD versatile disk thingys. I'm really cross because my floppy drive wont read it. Even if i cut the disk up to fit in the slot I still cant watch the movie......:doh:

I am truely sorry that you do not understand the workings of how HD-DVD works. Did you expect AnyDVDhd to automaticly transform your hardware and make it compatible with the files? If so, then you might want do a little research before you buy something. I am sure in the future you and everybody else will be upgrading their systems and then you will have what you need. You need an HD-DVD player and an HD-DVD movie and an HD-DVD compatible television. Then you will be able to backup your HD files just as you have been doing with your regular DVDs. Tom, offered you a refund, I don't suggest you do that, because the future will bring more technology and you might want to be ready for it. Again I am sorry for the misunderstanding and wish you a Happy New Year.

Last edited:
MizLiz,

If you are not satisfied with AnyDVD HD, you can get a refund. Just contact SlySoft support at http://www.slysoft.com/contact.html and ask for a refund.

Tom
When did this policy change? Everyone else is referred to the standard "try before you buy - but no refunds" - it can't be because of the new Euro pricing as that policy is still clearly stated on the purchase page.

Glad I bought all mine (even before I upgraded my floppy drive) :clap:

I think if it's within a certain time limit you can get a refund as it's pretty much standard with credit cards that you can ask for your money back within so many days so it's better for a company to offer a refund within that time frame rather than getting a bad mark against them from the CC company. If you get to many bad marks they stop dealing with you

I just brought one of these new fangled DVD versatile disk thingys. I'm really cross because my floppy drive wont read it. Even if i cut the disk up to fit in the slot I still cant watch the movie......:doh:

Remember: you can only do this if the dvd pieces are 5.25" square with a tolerance of +/- .015 and the floppies use a different format which can be found at www.formatfloppy4dvd.com. I think you have to have special hardware too as I read that the lasers tend to burn through the floppy's internal disk, although that's rumor. 8)

Edit: don't forget to cut a copy protect tab on the disk.

When did this policy change?
There has been no change in policy - Slysoft accepts refunds on a case-by-case basis, and so offers one where they feel it is justified.

As for the rest of the comments, there was no need to hijack someone's thread with disrespectful comments. CDs, DVDs, HD-DVDs and BDs are all the same size and shape; and it is easy to suffer "brand name confusion".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back