• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Commentary Problems

Bordgious

Yes, I looked in the FAQ, but the "solution" there only offers help for CloneDVD and I want to know how to disable commentary in AnyDVD. I'm ripping The Bourne Ultimatum and all but one .vob file have ripped correctly. I have had this problem with nearly all commercial dvds with other ripping software (getting the commentary or another language) and was hoping there is a fix with this program. Any hope of help?

Yes, I looked in the FAQ, but the "solution" there only offers help for CloneDVD and I want to know how to disable commentary in AnyDVD.

You can't because Anydvd doesn't remove audio content. It doesn't remove video content either (unless the AI scanner is buggy). The "solution" is useful as general advice, because it tells you listen to the audio tracks yourself on your computer so that you can figure out what you need to remove in your reauthoring software.

Yes, I looked in the FAQ, but the "solution" there only offers help for CloneDVD and I want to know how to disable commentary in AnyDVD. I'm ripping The Bourne Ultimatum and all but one .vob file have ripped correctly. I have had this problem with nearly all commercial dvds with other ripping software (getting the commentary or another language) and was hoping there is a fix with this program. Any hope of help?

There is no need of a fix as using the ripper in anydvd rips all the contents and not just part of it so now the issue lies in what you are using after ripping with anydvd.

So there is no hope of a foolproof solution to make sure I only get the pure (non-commentary'd) English audio?

So there is no hope of a foolproof solution to make sure I only get the pure (non-commentary'd) English audio?

Not with just anydvd re-read my reply and assist us with what you are using.

There is no need of a fix as using the ripper in anydvd rips all the contents and not just part of it so now the issue lies in what you are using after ripping with anydvd.

I am playing the .vob file with VLC, I'm not converting it to any other filetype. Should I be using the "open directory" command in VLC (thus opening it as a DVD ) instead of just playing the single file? Will that fix it?

Well I'll be...
Playing it using the "open directory" option (at least for commentary) got rid of it. That's odd. Thanks for the lead which ended up fixing it (as far as I know...)

Back