• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My disagreement with Webslinger

Status
Not open for further replies.
No? @Webslinger. I've had this title for weeks now (SHOOT 'EM UP), and as I have mentioned with this title and other recent or soon to be released titles I have had no problem with my back ups....the last title that gave me a problem was Hairspray which I purchased so early that CloneDVD had not updated to combat the encryption found on the disc. Having the disc early says nothing to whether a given back up will be easy to back up, but judging by some of the trouble I read about back-ups here at the forum, it seems that my simple instruction would remedy these problems.

I give a humble heads up to the forum members who care to know. I don't update to every available or current AnyDVD update if what I last updated has not given me trouble. I post these titles and success with backing up a title with status info and I make simple suggestion of what I use to complete a back-up or given title succesfully....what's your problem.....i.e. No? Don't? I don't force anyone to follow my simple suggestions or instruction. I don't claim to be moderator or a Know-It-All around here or post falsehoods....Don't hate on my "Know How" or My successes. As my post ,comments, suggestion to anyone here at this forum are meant to assist and inform. I too if needed refer to comments or topics for guidance if needed.

Again policing my post as if I look to start trouble?...your harrassment is not welcome and as moderator you should know better than to entice quarelling among forum members....state your beef? Or keep your unnecessary comments to yourself.8)

No. Don't. Upload the .zip file using Anydvd 6.3.0.5 so that James can take a look please.

<snip>

I post these titles and success with backing up a title with status info and I make simple suggestion of what I use to complete a back-up or given title succesfully....what's your problem.....i.e. No? Don't? I don't force anyone to follow my simple suggestions or instruction.

<snip>

I think you are viewing this from a totally different perspective.

If there is a problem with 6.3.0.5 beta and it worked with an older version then posting the log from 6.3.0.5 beta might help pinpoint the problem. So, just having someone downgrade doesn't exactly help here. Okay, maybe they get to backup the movie faster but the problem may not get corrected if James doesn't have anything to work with in order to fix it, either.

That's a no-win situation in my book.

Last edited:
Again policing my post as if I look to start trouble?...your harrassment is not welcome and as moderator you should know better than to entice quarelling among forum members....state your beef? Or keep your unnecessary comments to yourself.8)

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

Consider this a warning. You were name calling in another thread, which prompted me to close it. Should you continue breaking forum rules, I will ban you permanently. :policeman:

Nothing that I posted in this thread warrants this type of response from you; I was not attacking you.

And Drinklyeanddie is correct, and he understands why I asked for the .zip from 6.3.0.5 to be uploaded.

Last edited:
I have simply stated my opinion and responded to the rudeness of other members assisted by you the moderator "Webslinger". Your attempt here and in your reply to villify me is a mere cover up to you perhaps abusing your power as a moderator. I, in the post you refer to responded as I always have repspectfully to members inquiry. My reply was senselessly disected by other members including yourself as if I had discredited another persons point of view to make my own. My latter replies that included my less than favorable comments came as members again supported by you, continued to defame my opinion as if I as a forum member do not have the right to voice my opinion. I still speak without inviting an arguement, but I ask that you really think about why it is to your liking to provoke an arguementative climent around my post that state nothing more than my opinion.

My reply again was nothing more than a suggestion to a member and again my comment in singled out with No & Don't as if I said "Don't listen to "Webslinger"? I ask that you post or refer to a post on this forum where I have set out to rebel rouse or cause conflict of any type since I have been a member here, and you will find that has never occured. To defend myself respectfully to childish assertions have been just. Considering that I have not posted any reply with malice but with curiosity as to why this appraoch has been taken? I am asking that unless I single you or another member out with bad intent that my post are left to be just that an opinion from a fellow forum member. I'm being made to defend my opinions....there just my honest and humble opinions base on my experiences...that's all. Instead in I'm being challenged and attacked....again I ask why....Webslinger?:agree:

Your attempt here and in your reply to villify me is a mere cover up to you perhaps abusing your power as a moderator.

Apparently, the warning was not enough. You have been banned for a week. :policeman:

.I ask that you post or refer to a post on this forum where I have set out to rebel rouse or cause conflict of any type

1. http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=73443&postcount=21

"we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts"

Calling forum members "clowns" qualifies as a "personal attack" (your post also contains some other personal attacks). I didn't warn you. I probably should have. I figured closing the thread would have been enough of a hint. Apparently, I was mistaken.

2. http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=76562&postcount=11

unfounded accusations

"we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts"

3. http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=76590&postcount=14

More unfounded accusations

As far as I'm concerned, that's three strikes.

My latter replies that included my less than favorable comments came as members again supported by you, continued to defame my opinion

By the way, simply having an opinion doesn't protect you from having an opinion that is patently false. I have an obligation to protect people seeking help here on these forums from comments that are completely inaccurate (although I have ignored some, from time to time).

When people take the time to correct me (provided they are telling the truth, of course), I tend to be thankful (and not get upset).

You've initiated your response here based on the first post in this thread. I have no idea why what I wrote at the top of this thread is upsetting you, but your response(s) are not warranted and run counter to the rules that have been set out by the administration of these forums.

I don't "hate" you. I never have. Maybe you're taking what I've written too personally. I recommend you take a week away from the forums to relax and cool off. If I respond to something you write in the future, I recommend you take a step back, and ask yourself whether what I'm writing is really an attempt to attack you--or whether I am trying to help you (or help improve something).

Thread closed :policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back