• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Directors comments on Demolition Man

Vortec MAX

When I do a full "clone" using AnyDVD 6.3.0.3 and CloneDVD (latest), the Director's Comments are on by default and can not be turned off through the menu. I figured out how to do it using the "audio" button on my DVD's remote, but it is still annoying.

Is there a setting I can change or do something differently to prevent this?

Vortec MAX

When I do a full "clone" using AnyDVD 6.3.0.3 and CloneDVD (latest), the Director's Comments are on by default and can not be turned off through the menu. I figured out how to do it using the "audio" button on my DVD's remote, but it is still annoying.

Vortec MAX

Yes, you select the correct (or all) audio tracks in CloneDVD2.

Vortec MAX

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

7. Why am I only getting Director's comments or having other audio related issues with my backup? (click the link to find out)

I read the FAQ, that is not what is happening here. I selected everything, all audio tracks and "preserve menus." The backup defaults to Directors Comments. When I use the menu on the backup DVD, it says the DC are off, so I can't change the setting through the DVD's menu. I have to use the "audio" button on my DVD players remote to toggle through the audio tracks until the right one is playing.

More than anything, I was just trying to make you aware of the problem. I can circumvent the problem by just making a backup of only the movie and audio track I desire. I did a "full" backup when this problem occurred.

Vortec MAX

Last edited:
It does not do it when I play the DVD on my computer. What does this mean? My DVD player is a newer Panasonic DVD recorder with upconvert and HDMI out. It's not some dinosaur.

Vortec MAX

It does not do it when I play the DVD on my computer. What does this mean? My DVD player is a newer Panasonic DVD recorder with upconvert and HDMI out. It's not some dinosaur.

It means the problem is either your standalone dvd player--or a setting that needs to be changed in your standalone dvd player's setup menu (I would check for default playing of 2 channel audio or something).

Back