• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile Devices.ini (user-edited)

lostinlodos

This is for unofficially posting modifications to the Devices.ini file to create new device support for CloneDVDMobile.
Rules: Do NOT post requests, only new formats you have created and tested.
Post the format tag in the Title of your post. IE
[* Generic (DivX)]
NO WARRANTY! Protecting Sly with that one! ;)

Since this was asked for in at least three different places elsewhere, I though I'd make a single thread to allow people to go to:
Maybe the admins can sticky it and eventually Sly could add the functions into it.
I already added everything I could find so-far in the ADM posts!

Note from Support:

Any changes you make to the Devices.ini file without approval from SlySoft will mean no support.
Submit requests via a support ticket, please.
You can "roll your own" ini but you are then really on your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Sansa View]

[Sansa View]
Manufacturer=Sandisk
ScreenRatio=15:11
Res1=320x240
ResAna1=320x180
ARate=11025
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
FileType=mp4
NTSCFrameRate1=29.97
NTSCFrameRateDeinterlace1=29.97
Quality=23
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=l ibfaac
MVolume=10
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=512

[Kodak Digital Photo Frame SV811]

[Kodak Digital Photo Frame SV811]
Manufacturer=Kodak
Res1=704x400
ResAna1=704x400
mopts=-mpegopts format=mpeg1 -audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg1video:vrc_buf_size=900:keyint=15:vbitrate=%vbrate% -vf crop=704:362 acodec=mp2
Format=mpeg
FileType=mpg
ARate=44100
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Quality=30
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=4000
vbrate=600

[* Chinese MP4 player Clones *xvid]

[* Chinese MP4 player Clones *xvid]
Manufacturer=Chinese People
Res1=320x240
ResAna1=320x240
ScreenRatio=4:3
Format=avi
moac=lavc
movc=xvid
vbrate=600
acodec=mp2:abitrate=128
mopts=-lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=128 -xvidencopts bitrate=%vbrate%:max_bframes=0:quant_type=h263:me_quality=6 -vf-add expand=320:240:-1:-1:1
FileType=avi
VTag=XVID
ARate=44100
MVolume=10
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=avi
FileType=avi
Quality=40
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=0
MaxVBitrate=630
NTSCFrameRate1=20
NTSCFrameRateDeinterlace1=20
PALFrameRate1=20
PALFrameRateDeinterlace1=20

Direct Sound Copy (For DTS/DD+)

[* Generic (XviD) DTS/DD+ Copy]
Res1=320x240
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
AllowNativeTVResolution=1
Format=avi
moac=copy
movc=xvid
mopts=-lameopts br=%abrate% -xvidencopts bitrate=%vbrate%%PASS%
FileType=avi
VTag=XVID
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=avi
FileType=avi
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=3000

[iPod Video 5.5 gen (AVC)]

[iPod Video 5.5 gen (AVC)]
Manufacturer=Apple (iPod/iPhone/AppleTV)
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=320x240
Res2=512x384
Res3=640x480
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=426x240
ResAna3=512x288
ResAna4=640x360
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
ABRate=128
ARate=48000
mopts=-faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:eek:bject=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=30:bframes=0:nocabac:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=25
iPodFix=0
MaxVBitrate=2500

[nw-a 800]

[NW-A 800]
Manufacturer=Sony
ScreenRatio=4:3
Res1=320x240
ResAna1=320x180
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=h264:coder=1:acodec=aac
lavfopts=format=mp4
VCodec=h264
ACodec=aac
ARate=48000
MVolume=20
MLVolume=15
Format=lavf
FileType=mp4
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=768

Samsung YP-P2 [MTP]

Samsung YP-P2 [MTP] XviD, DviX, WMV 8
For anyone interested in device.ini files for this player, see my post
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=75649#post75649
I haven't put them in this thread because they still require conversion afterwards through the Samsung Media Studio with latest version (5.2.0.2 20/12/2007) and latest firmware (2.08, same date).

Thanks to lostinlodos for starting this much-needed thread and Happy Holidays to all.

EDIT: For the DivX and XviD profiles, you can use more than one core of a multi-core processor by adding threads=2 to lavcopts (I only have a dual core, so I don't know if you can specify more threads for a quad core). WMV 8 encoder can't use multi-threading.

[DIVX profile]
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4:threads=2

[XVID profile]
lavcopts=threads=2

Last edited:
DiVX Generic - Enable avi files larger than 2GB

This profile enables OpenDML to allow CloneDVD Mobile to output playable avi files greater than 2.0GB using the ODML avi extension. I've commented out the original settings using "# ORIGINAL" so you can see what changed. It's tested and working.

[* Generic (DivX) Larger Than 2GB]
Res1=320x240
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
VTag=DIVX
mopts=-audio-preload 0.8 -delay 0.1 -lameopts br=%abrate%
lavcopts=vcodec=mpeg4
moac=mp3lame
# ORIGINAL Format=avi -noodml
Format=avi -odml
FileType=avi
ARate=48000
ABRate=128
MVolume=10
Quality=23
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=3000

~KnoWei

Since this was originally posted the key parameter change in this config now works differently in MEncoder.

The config above was tested with CDVDM 1.1.6.0

Sometime after 1.1.6.0 the Format=avi parameter stop working with the "-odml" switch.

For CDVDM 1.7.0.0 and beyond use "Format=avi" with no switches in order to encode with OpenDML and create avi files >2GB.

~KnoWei 2010.07.17

Last edited:
Test Results for Threads=2?

@Profcolli,

Multi-threading is a great tip. I'm running some tests on the threads=2 parm. Have you done this? I'm not seeing a very big improvement. So far I've only had time to encode a 110minute movie (Ghost Rider) using 2-pass and I didn't see the improvement I was expecting. I'll do some more thorough testing when time permits. But I'd be interested to know what kind of processing time improvement you are seeing.

~KnoWei

@Profcolli,

Multi-threading is a great tip. I'm running some tests on the threads=2 parm. Have you done this? I'm not seeing a very big improvement.
~KnoWei
Yes, I have tested it extensively with chapter files and I can see from my monitoring utility (RightMark) that it is using both cores as opposed to one. The main advantage seems to be spreading the load over two processors which keeps the heat down in each core (quite a bit) instead of high heat on one core usage only.
I haven't done testing over full movies yet but it should theoretically be quicker as well.

Lostinlodos has now confirmed that you can specify any number of threads up to the maximum of 8 for dual-quad core 8) !!

lavcopts=threads=2
lavcopts=threads=3
lavcopts=threads=4

for dual, tri and quad procs, respectively.

:edit: For those with dual socket boards; lavcopts=threads=8
for dual-quads!

I only have two cores :eek:

Last edited:
Response

Yes, I have tested it extensively with chapter files and I can see from my monitoring utility (RightMark) that it is using both cores as opposed to one. The main advantage seems to be spreading the load over two processors which keeps the heat down in each core (quite a bit) instead of high heat on one core usage only.
I haven't done testing over full movies yet but it should theoretically be quicker as well.

Lostinlodos has now confirmed that you can specify any number of threads up to the maximum of 8 for dual-quad core 8) !!

I only have two cores :eek:
I've tested successfully 2 on both Intel and AMD chips, and 4 and 8 on AMD Phenoms. 5 and 7 do NOT work. Probably a Microsoft issue. 6 works at times and crashes others. BSOEPD (Vista x64 Ultimate). If all else fails, blame Microsoft. 8)

Haven't tested 3 but I'll do that shortly. Not sure why I didn't do it in the first run. :doh:

I had a devil of a time with this code until I realized you had left a note and a syntac error in this line

mopts=-lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=128 -xvidencopts bitrate=%vbrate%:max_bframes=0:quant_type=h263:me_quality=6 -vf-add expand=320:240:-1:-1:1

me_ quality=6 has a space in it and everything after is unecessary.

So if anyone else is scatching their heads use this line instead:

mopts=-lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=128 -xvidencopts bitrate=%vbrate%:max_bframes=0:quant_type=h263:me_quality=6

Happy New Years and Happy Converting

Mike

I had a devil of a time with this code until I realized you had left a note and a syntac error in this line

me_ quality=6 has a space in it and everything after is unecessary.

So if anyone else is scatching their heads use this line instead:

mopts=-lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=128 -xvidencopts bitrate=%vbrate%:max_bframes=0:quant_type=h263:me_quality=6

Happy New Years and Happy Converting

Mike
This refers to one of the Lostinoldos profiles but it demonstrates a clear problem with the way that the forum displays messages.

Long uninterrupted strings (no spaces) such as in the example lead to a wrap-around in the text editor which may display a space in the actual message, which causes problems for anyone who does a cut-and-paste from the message.

You also get oddities such as "smilies" being interpreted by the forum message display - check the "embarassment" smilie in an earlier profile caused by :eek: (colon followed by o) in the profile. It does the same with 8) (8 followed by right bracket).

This is why I use an attached text file when I post a profile - this avoids these problems.

Lostinoldos: You might want to correct the problem in the profiles in posts 2 and 4 above (Sansa View and Chinese MP4 players). Sansa View has the space inserted by the forum display in "libfaac" and the Chinese MP4 players is in "me_quality" as reported above. Because of the forum display limitations I believe these need to be attached as text files (if you know a way to display them properly please let me know).

Last edited:
Long uninterrupted strings (no spaces) such as in the example lead to a wrap-around in the text editor which may display a space in the actual message, which causes problems for anyone who does a cut-and-paste from the message..

Try

[ code ]
text of profile
[ /code ]

Try

[ code ]
text of profile
[ /code ]
Here is a specific example: without the code tags the space appears:

Note the incorrect space in me_quality.

With the code tags (don't put spaces in the square brackets!) the same text string displays correctly:

Code:
No spaces in me_quality
8)
Thanks Webslinger!

Ipod Touch HQ

Try this
Works perfectly
Increase video quality, sound quality and volume, whithout distortion.
Files are 20% larger, so ...
Telle me what are you thinking of that , thanks

Code:
[iPod touch HQ High Vol by Babounet]
Manufacturer=Apple (iPod/iPhone/AppleTV)
ScreenRatio=3:2
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
ResAna1=480x270
ResUnit=2
Format=avi
moac=faac
movc=x264
ABRate=320
mopts=-faacopts br=%abrate%:mpeg=4:object=2 -x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=30:bframes=0:nocabac:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%
FileType=mp4
Quality=30
MaxVBitrate=1000
AllowChapterFiles=0
MVolume=20
Remux=2642MP4

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all...

Have been doing some work trying to devise a profile that will allow me to encode H264 video and surround sound (either AAC 5.1 or AC3) for my PS3. Have not had much success so far - see http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=12353

However I have come up with a profile that will encode successfully H264/AC3 into the avi container (will not play on PS3, plays fine in Windows Media Player) that some may useful.

Code:
[* Generic (H264/AC3) AVI]
Res1=320x240
Res2=480x360
Res3=640x480
Res4=720x540
ResAna1=320x180
ResAna2=480x270
ResAna3=640x360
ResAna4=720x404
ResAna5=852x480
Format=avi
moac=copy
movc=x264
mopts=-x264encopts bitrate=%vbrate%:level_idc=31:bframes=3:frameref=2:nopsnr:nossim%PASS%
Format=avi -noodml
FileType=avi
Quality=15
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=3000
AllowChapterFiles=0
QualityFactor=130

Last edited:
@Profcolli,

Multi-threading is a great tip. I'm running some tests on the threads=2 parm. Have you done this? I'm not seeing a very big improvement. So far I've only had time to encode a 110minute movie (Ghost Rider) using 2-pass and I didn't see the improvement I was expecting. I'll do some more thorough testing when time permits. But I'd be interested to know what kind of processing time improvement you are seeing.

~KnoWei

I set the threads=2 in devices.ini and the process that seems to be running the show, mencoder.exe still shows only one thread running...no improvement in the process time. in fact it only max's out one of the two cores and doesn't seem to switch. any suggestions on getting this puppy to use both cores? CloneDVD.exe shows 8 to 9 threads at any one time, but it is not the one using the cpu. thanks for the suggestions/comments

tg

Back