• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Max Payne1

M

marinus

Hi everyone.

The game im trying to back-up is :bowdown:MAX PAYNE:bowdown: by Remedy.

-I just bought clonecd of the net and downloaded clony xxl, deamon tools, betablocker.

-my OS is win xp pro SP2.

-I have an aopen crw 4048 burner.

I can make an image and play it with deamon but i cant get a working cd copy.
I have a whole lot of questions/frustrasions about the various aspects of the copying process, but Ill save them for later.

Hi everyone.

The game im trying to back-up is :bowdown:MAX PAYNE:bowdown: by Remedy.

-I just bought clonecd of the net and downloaded clony xxl, deamon tools, betablocker.

-my OS is win xp pro SP2.

-I have an aopen crw 4048 burner.

I have a whole lot of questions/frustrasions about the various aspects of the copying process, but Ill save them for later.

Try game Jackal as it is made to not need the CD.

You won't be able to run the game without emulation, and Clonecd does not provide emulation.

Slysoft's emulation program is basically called Game Jackal, but that still won't make a cd/dvd backup work.
Game Jackal tends to use smaller profiles/images than Daemon tools.

I can play the game strait from my hdd without using a cd. (running the image file created by clonecd with deamons virtual drive) This works perfect.

But I cant make an image(using cloneCD), and then burn it on a CD, and be able to play.(from that CD)

I can play the game strait from my hdd without using a cd. (running the image file created by clonecd with deamons virtual drive) This works perfect.

But I cant make an image(using cloneCD), and then burn it on a CD, and be able to play.(from that CD)

Yeah, that's because daemon tools is providing emulation for the image file that you mounted in the virtual drive--but not for the cd.

And Clonecd does not provide emulation for its backups.

You won't be able to run the game without emulation, and Clonecd does not provide emulation.

Slysoft's emulation program is basically called Game Jackal, but that still won't make a cd/dvd backup work.
Game Jackal tends to use smaller profiles/images than Daemon tools.

So wich program can I use to make a copy that is just like the original and does not need another program for it to run afterwards, in other words a REAL 1:1 copy. (starting to feel a little ripped off by SLYSFT)

So wich program can I use to make a copy that is just like the original and does not need another program for it to run afterwards

Max Payne is a Securom 4.8 protected disc, I think. It's possible that you might be able to make a backup using a twin peaks method. But that method does not work with all drives, and it's not a true 1:1 copy.

For more recent Securom 7.x protected games, the answer to your question is "nothing". You need emulation, or your backups won't work. Period.

Last edited:
In short you weren't ripped off as there is no 100% sure way to do these discs now days and be 1:1 so this is why it was suggested to use Game Jackal which is better and there is no need for a copy to play nor the original.

that twinpeak program looks interesting, but let me give a little more detailes maby itll help:

-when i use clony xxl it tells me the protection is SafeDisc V2.51

this might be right cause the original CD has demoshield/installshield files, and i believe thats macrovisions.

-When I make an image of the original with clonecd it gets to 100% (with error skipping starting at 97%) I can succesfully instal and play the game with this image, using deamon. No problems.

-If I use betablocker to fix those error sections at the end I ruin my image cause now even deamon wont play the game anymore.

6. Did that. It too came up with SafeDiscV2.51:
Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Max Payne\MaxPayne.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 5941010 (05AA712h) Bytes
-> File has 972562 (0ED712h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 04BD000h
[!] Safedisc 2.51.020 detected !
- Scan Took : 0.89 Seconds

7. Max Payne (In case you forgot)
8.v1.05
9.CD
10.the box says MADE IN USA
11. pentium 4
12. aopen crw4048
13.norton
14. the post would become to long if I posted my image making log here
lets say that it failed to read Sector 347779-357324, but i used error skip so it finshed nicely

15. ===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.3.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: redbook
Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: ElbyCDFL
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: redbook
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
File Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
File Description: Redbook Audio Filter-stuurprogramma
Product Name: Besturingssysteem Microsoft® Windows®
Product Version: 5.1.2600.2180
Company Name: Microsoft Corporation
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. Alle rechten voorbehouden.

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
File Version: 2.0.6.1
File Description: CD/DVD Class Filter Driver
Product Name: GEAR.wrks
Product Version: 8.xx [2.0.6.1]
Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (c) GEAR Software Inc. 2006

16. Ill do that
17. TraxData, TDK
18.Low 4x / 8x
19.just did that, (havent tried yet, but ill dought thats the problem)

You asked for it...

6. Did that. It too came up with SafeDiscV2.51:
Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Max Payne\MaxPayne.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 5941010 (05AA712h) Bytes
-> File has 972562 (0ED712h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 04BD000h
[!] Safedisc 2.51.020 detected !
- Scan Took : 0.89 Seconds

O.k. I guess Max Payne 2 is the securom protected disc: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/gamedb.php?letter=M

You can toss all I said about twinpeaks out the window; it only applies to earlier versions of securom

The problem is your drive; it's a hardware limitation: click http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Print.aspx?ArticleId=7164

"The AOpen EHW-4048U was disappointing when trying to backup protected discs. The AWS (Amplify Weak Sectors) didn't show any improvement and the produced discs did not play in any CD/DVD-ROM drives we tested"

Under "Negative" the review states, "Cannot backup protected discs!"

In case you're wondering, programs (Nero Infotool, for one) were identifying the drive as CRW4048.

Last edited:
hahaha a few days ago i ordered a 'new' pextor px 760 sa of the net it should be arriving any day now. you think it would make a difference

hahaha a few days ago i ordered a 'new' pextor px 760 sa of the net it should be arriving any day now. you think it would make a difference

PX-760sa is a SATA burner, by the way

It might possibly for Max Payne, since that uses an older version of safedisc, but for the latest games it won't. Nothing will. You do need emulation of some sort (virtual drives or GameJackal).

Last edited:
I just read some articles including this forum threads:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699

and:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1713&highlight=sheep+test

Is there a burner wich passed the 3 sheep test? And would that make any difference

The Asus 1612Bl you linked to did pass the 3 sheep test (so it can make backups up to version 2.90 of Safedisc protected games, but Safedisc versions are well beyond version 2.90 now). As for making a difference--no, not with the latest protections.

Last edited:
Is that a bad thing? (when i ordered it i was wondering the same thing)

You're using an older cd-rw burner that uses an IDE interface. If you have an old computer, you may not have SATA connections on your motherboard. If that's true, then the burner you ordered won't work.

Back