• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question about Philips SPD3600CC

grizzlyhero

I just bought a Philips SPD3600CC (boxing week sale) and was wondering about the bitsetting. CD speed doesnt even show the drive as an option. ImgBurn does, but i cannot change the book type. Does the book type automatically set to DVD-Rom when you burn a DVD? I have noticed that all mine seem to be set to DVD-Rom and I dont remember changing them.

I just bought a Philips SPD3600CC (boxing week sale) and was wondering about the bitsetting. CD speed doesnt even show the drive as an option. ImgBurn does, but i cannot change the book type. Does the book type automatically set to DVD-Rom when you burn a DVD? I have noticed that all mine seem to be set to DVD-Rom and I dont remember changing them.

If you're positive all of your +R burns are showing as "dvd-rom" under booktype in Anydvd, then your burner's firmware is likely automatically changing booktype for you.

This is the window for one I did last night with the new drive (after I updated the firmware).

Do you know if the Philips drives are any good?

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 7
This is the window for one I did last night with the new drive (after I updated the firmware).

Your drive is changing booktype for +R DL automatically.

Do you know if the Philips drives are any good?

That burner is really a Lite-on external burner. I'm not a fan of giving my opinion on burners.

That said, that blank media you're using is junk.

Use Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x +R DL.

Only Verbatim Made in India around here now.

The Fujifilm's I got on sale 12.99 for 15 pack

i am thinking of purchasing this drive. bitsetting is the most important feature for my external burner. anybody give some advice on which one. this info is hard to find.

does this drive change the bitsetting to dvd-rom on all burns? this is what i would really like.

thanks for some info!

I ended up taking the drive back. It worked all right. I found it did change the booktype to DVD-Rom automatically. I ended up getting an
LG GSA-E60L. At the time, it was also on sale, and for the 10 bucks more it packs more bang for the buck. The LG I would highly recommend. It supports all types of media, and it also automatically sets to DVD-Rom. It also has lightscribe with it. I havent used it yet, and note to sure if and when I ever will (nice to have though).

Back