• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Shoot 'Em Up problems

stvduncan

I am using AnyDVD 6.3.0.3 and 6.3.0.4 beta, and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2

I thought I had successfully backed up my copy of "Shoot 'Em Up" (Region 1) because I was able to watch the movie, but found that when I tried to view the special features, they were not present on the backup. After further investigation, I found that several title sets were missing after AnyDVD did it's thing, whether I used CloneDVD directly, or used AnyDVD ripper to a folder on the hard drive. I think it was VTS-5 thru VTS-9 that were eliminated by AnyDVD. (Incidentally, VTS-9 caused DVD Decrypter to crash during the initial parsing process, and DVDFab Decrypter reduced the size of VTS-9.)

I was able to use DVDFab Decrypter 4.0.3.0 to rip the complete disc, but CloneDVD would not open the folder, but instead gave me an error message (see below). I was able to use DVDShrink successfully. I then tried to use CloneDVD to burn the results to disc using the "Write Existing Data" and got the same error message. I used Nero Version 6 to burn the final copy. I have thoroughly tested this backup and it is complete and works on any of my DVD players. However, CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2 cannot open the backup, and I get the same error message:

Unable to read video files...
c:/video_ts
unexpected error

When I push the button for "Details" it says:

invalid CellBlock Type

I was guessing that this disc had copy protection that specifically targeted SlySoft, knowing that this has happened before, but I would be very interested in hearing any other possible explanations.

Webslinger's Edit: Anydvd 6.3.0.3 handles this disc fine, provided "deep scan" is enabled in the AI scanner.
Thank you very much to tebugg and truseq1.

Here is the solution:

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.0.3: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD.exe

2. Set the AI scanner to "deep scan" (click red fox icon-->Navigate to "Video DVD" then select "Settings" underneath-->on the right select "Deep scan" under "AI Scanner"). Click "ok".

3. Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Select "rip video-dvd to harddisk".

4. Use whatever program you want on that rip.

5. Do not use Anydvd 6.3.0.5 beta with this disc

Last edited by a moderator:
or used AnyDVD ripper to a folder on the hard drive.

Did you try watching that rip on your computer? Are the special features still missing when watching that rip?

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Special Features Missing

Yes, the special features were not available on the computer. The VTS files were completely removed. When inserting my original disc without AnyDVD enabled, all 9 VTS files were viewable in Windows Explorer, but AnyDVD removed several titles which contained special features (deleted scenes, gag reel, etc.).

Also, ever since "Meet The Robinsons" or thereabouts, many titles including "Shoot 'Em Up" and "Hair", have had titles that in CloneDVD indicated a playtime of 0:00 seconds, but had a 5 or 6 minute playtime if you tried to preview them that would then stop abruptly in the middle of a scene. I have unchecked these titles when backing up without consequence, as far as I am aware, but I am not sure about the integrity of the backups.

I am a an employee of a video store and purchasing DVDs originally intended for rental. Are rental DVDs and resale DVDs identical?

I am a an employee of a video store and purchasing DVDs originally intended for rental. Are rental DVDs and resale DVDs identical?

Usually--but not always . . .

If you want to have this issue resolved, upload the .zips for all the problematic original discs, please:

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.5 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=76218&postcount=1

2. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Last edited:
I've backed this title up some time ago and had no trouble including menu & extras, I did use AnyDVD 6.3.0.0 & CloneDVD 2.9.1.2 which again gave me no trouble. Try AnyDVD 6.3.0.0 and see if you have the same results I did.:agree:

couldn't shoot em up

I thought the back up was fine. When I replayed it, about 1/2 way thru the movie, the audio fades in and out. I used anydvd, nero7 and shrink. Any dvd did its stuff, but i might have been better off ripping to hard drive. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I thought the back up was fine. When I replayed it, about 1/2 way thru the movie, the audio fades in and out. I used anydvd and shrink.

With Anydvd 6.3.0.5,
right click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "rip video-dvd to hard disk" using the original disc.
Then import that rip into Shrink.

Also, ever since "Meet The Robinsons" or thereabouts, many titles including "Shoot 'Em Up" and "Hair", have had titles that in CloneDVD indicated a playtime of 0:00 seconds, but had a 5 or 6 minute playtime if you tried to preview them that would then stop abruptly in the middle of a scene. I have unchecked these titles when backing up without consequence, as far as I am aware, but I am not sure about the integrity of the backups.

My understanding is that these 0:00 titles are identified as bogus titles to begin with. Some will still show a preview when viewed but they aren't necessary titles in making a backup. I, also, always deselect these titles. I don't know if it makes a difference whether I delselect or not but I've not experienced any problems doing so.

As for any technical explanation on that or further thoughts behind this I'll let James answer that if he wishes to since I'm sure he's done this for a very good reason.

Edit: For the record I do not have this disc so my answer was purely general in nature.

I am also unable to rip Shoot 'Em Up

I have tried anydvd 6.3.0.3, 6.3.0.4 & 6.3.0.5 as well and ripit4me and nothing works. Has anyone been able to get it to work?:(:confused:

I have tried anydvd 6.3.0.3, 6.3.0.4 & 6.3.0.5 as well and ripit4me and nothing works. Has anyone been able to get it to work?:(:confused:

Someone claims to have using Anydvd 6.3.0.0. Others claim to have as well. But I am uncertain as to whether they just did the main movie (without the special features).

However, Anydvd 6.3.0.5 does not handle this disc properly. This is a known issue, and people will have to wait for an Anydvd update: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11503

If people wish to discuss alternative decryption methods, please do so in the Third Party Products forum. This forum is dedicated to Anydvd only.

They're becoming more common to be different. Often what you get for rental companies now for new releases (ie Blockbuster, NetFlix, MyHitz) are different than the most retail versions. They used to be called Club Versions, but are more often now being used not just by -by mail clubs, but rental outlets and deep-discount stores as well (like Fry's/5 and Dime). Different distributors offer different versions. I use two distributors myself for selling DVDs on the internet and to buy imports, and they have three US versions of WAR available.... and two of Shoot 'Em Up (to cover the most recent problem discs), with a difference in price of $15 per copy ($20 for one version and $5 for another SEU). You can bet your money BB et al are paying for the $5 version, and the $30 you spend at, say Best Buy or DVD House is the $20 version.

Try AnyDVD 6.3.0.0 and see if you have the same results I did.:agree:

Do both, use an older version that works to rip the film for now, AND ALSO post the log with the current version so they can fix the problem! :D

. AND ALSO post the log with the current version so they can fix the problem! :D

People have posted the .zip from 6.3.0.5. in another thread.

So I guess now (so that James has a reference), I would like to see .zips from Anydvd 6.3.0.0 and Anydvd 6.3.0.3 posted (I don't know if these .zips would help James, but they might).

There is no problem with this movie, I have just backed it up with AnyDVD 6.3.0.5 beta and CloneDVD2.
Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.5)
BENQ DVD DD DW1640 BSHB 9JB5U150C352216549SP
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2027088 sectors (3959 MBytes)
Total size: 3910931 sectors (7638 MBytes)
Video DVD (or CD) label: SHOOT_EM_UP
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Repaired invalid title search pointer table!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!

There is no problem with this movie, I have just backed it up with AnyDVD 6.3.0.5 beta and CloneDVD2.

Can you watch all the special features on your backup?

1. Test using Anydvd ripper: right click red fox icon on your toolbar. Select "Rip video-dvd to harddisk".

2. Watch the rip on your computer. The special features may not play properly (try to play "Ballet of Bullets"). I think the A.I. scanner is removing them.

Last edited:
i noticed in recode u can get the extras but the making of and commentary comes up as unreferenced material. not any good extras on this anyway, no deleted scenes or alternate endings so im fine with the menu and movie only.

Back