• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tearing issue (a little OFF-TOPIC but plz just for one time only moderators!;)

sanderh

I recently bought the Epson TW2000 1920*1080 projector. Must say, a great one! But since the switch to this pj (came from a Mitsubishi HC3000) I have big tearing troubles with my HTPC. (I own the 7600GS 256mb ddr2 card and installed the latest Nvidia driver). Tonight I DID found a way to eliminate eg. 80% of the tearing but it is stil there sometimes. What I did to solve most of the tearing was turn ON 'Wait for Vertical Sync' in the Nvidia config. Turning this to 'let app. decide' or 'OFF' gives me tearing almost the entire movie playback!

So at this moment the tearing IS less but it is still there and annoying. I just watched a whole movie and every minute or so there is tearing. Most of all (like expected) the tearing is worse during fast scenes in a movie.

So what steps do I take to eleminate this problem?

What you should know:

- Full Screen mode in TheaterTek is turned ON
- I use a custom made resolution with Powerstrip that matches with reclock EXACTLY (zero drops and repeats that reclock reports after an entire movie!)
- Use the lastest Nvidia drivers
- XP with SP2
- Latest TT version with VMR9

I also know that the problem is probably caused by the VMR9 renderer but I do not want to switch to Vista (and use the evr renderer) because of ReClock incompatibility with Vista.

I made a custom res. with Powerstrip of 1920*1080@47,971 which results in a 47,959Hz (VERY close to the PERFECT 47,952Hz as you can see!) reported by ReClock.

So what more steps can I take to solve this problem?

your graphics card might be too weak....try a 8600gts or hd 2600 xt. Make sure your refresh rate is 60hz too.

I have a 7600GT with 256MB's as well and have no problems when using PureVideo HD acceleration. Everything is smooth and my computer CPU ranges between 20-30%.

7600 is too weak to use on HD movies.

I have a 7600GT with 256MB's as well and have no problems when using PureVideo HD acceleration. Everything is smooth and my computer CPU ranges between 20-30%.

GS and GT are two different types though. Even powerdvd's website recommend the minimum of 7900GT. Glad it is working for you.

your graphics card might be too weak....try a 8600gts or hd 2600 xt. Make sure your refresh rate is 60hz too.

My card isn t too weak. The tearing is there with STANDARD def. dvd material too. I did not have the tearing with the EXACT same HTPC with my previous projector. (So you will make the assumption now that the problem is with my projector but this is not. Standard def. dvd play ok on a standalone dvd-player. It is the COMBINATION of the HTPC and the projector and has something to do with the V-Sync is my guess but WHAT exactly the problem is I do not know).

Refresh rate 60Hz is only for TV-based material. Standard def. dvds are 23,976fps so you will have to output on a multiple of this so eg. 48Hz, 72Hz

Exactly, just because you have AnyDVD HD doesn't imply to post in this section. If you use standard DVD's then post in the anydvd part and not the HD part.

It sounds like there is a driver conflict going on or the PSU or RAM mught be going bad as it can't handle the little stuff it should.

6 and 7 series Nvidia cards tear if you use VMR9, but should be ok with Fullscreen.

So I'm a bit stumped.

ATi cards don't tear. Even a 9500 was fine for 1080i TS files, unlike a 6800GT which tore like crazy.

GS and GT are two different types though. Even powerdvd's website recommend the minimum of 7900GT. Glad it is working for you.

GT series have a faster clockspeed than the GS series.

Back