• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

can't copy or rip home made DVDs

McNeill

I have a Phillips set top DVDR 615. I can not rip using AnyDVD or CloneDVD2. I have attached the log file. CloneDVD2 gives a message about repairing defective DVD structure.

A commercial DVD rips just fine.
I am using DVD R+ blanks.

AnyDVD pops a popup window with the message CloneMap 2. CloneDVD2 gives CloneMap2 TCE.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_PHILIPS_DVD_VR.zip
    48 KB · Views: 8
CloneDVD2 wasn't meant to be able to rip DVD Recorder (stand alones) if you want to do that just use Imgburn or Nero etc....

Thanks...

I asked a friend what software I needed to copy DVD(s) and he suggested CloneDVD and AnyDVD. I visited the website today and saw the blurb about the pricing change etc.. so I jumped.

Back to the question... I conclude from the errors and your reply that DVD Recorders don't record the "proper structure"? Also, can you direct me to a place to get info (I am brand new to this) on getting a piece of software that will RIP a stand alone to it's component files? I found imgburn but it looks like it will do an ISO but can't find option to rip to VOB files.

Is there someplace with basic structural info and tutorials for a newbie who want's to cobble together a DVD from video clips from different DVD(s)?

TIA....

McNeill,

I had the exact same problem.

CloneDVD2 will not copy homemade DVDs from PHILIPS DVD Recorders AFAIK
:(.

I tried it with 1Click DVD Copy 5 and, copied with no problems. Give it a try, it has a 3 use trial :)

CloneDVD is for backing up commercially released discs. AnyDVD removes protections. You are trying to copy a non-commercially released disc so, in this case, both programs really don't apply although they are great programs.

I would suggest trying to use CloneCD or another software program that can make an image of the original disc. If there is no protection on the original then there won't be a problem.

Edit: I would also seriously suggest you update your software. You are using AnyDVD 6.1.8.4 which was released on Oct 11, 2007. There have been 20 updates since then. AnyDVD 6.3.0.3 is the latest official release and the latest beta is AnyDVD 6.3.0.4 beta. Also make sure you're using CloneDVD 2.9.1.2.

Last edited:
I have a Phillips set top DVDR 615. I can not rip using AnyDVD or CloneDVD2. I have attached the log file. CloneDVD2 gives a message about repairing defective DVD structure.

A commercial DVD rips just fine.
I am using DVD R+ blanks.

AnyDVD pops a popup window with the message CloneMap 2. CloneDVD2 gives CloneMap2 TCE.
I'll look into this. In the meantime, you can use CloneDVD's "write existing data" function to copy the disc.

Hi James :)
I tried Write existing data and that failed.
Here's my issue with the PHILIPS DVD Recorder model DVDR3390 hope this helps james :)

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.4)
SONY DVD RW DRU-190A 1.61 2007/08/01 18:04
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1515664 sectors (2960 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD VR
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

This DVD is more weirder then I thought... It has 2 titles instead of 1 and has a weird folder named: VIDEO_RM

If this issue is solved I'll be one happy person. :bowdown:

Attachments

• CloneDVD2 error.JPG
    CloneDVD2 error.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 23
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_DVD VR.zip
    72.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
@ McNeill & odd_function,

Your problem is that your PHILIPS stand-alone tabletop DVD Recorder records “DVDs” in the DVD VR (Video Recording) Format and the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software program is designed to process Commercial DVD Movie Titles which are in the DVD Video Format.

You will need to use a software program similar to ConvertXtoDVD (formerly DivXToDVD) (http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd) to convert your DVD VR Format DVDs to the DVD Video format then the AnyDVD-CloneDVD software program will be able to process the DVDs.

Regards,
Coaster

Back