• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Was working great, now it freezes Vista

joshfullofpoop

I've been using CloneDVD for close to 4 years now and its an awesome product.

Been working fine on my system until last month

I have a Athlon 3200+
2GB RAM
Lots of harddisk space
Running Vista

Lately CloneDVD freezes my system mid rip/burn. Once in awhile it will work but most of the time it freezes everything and requires a complete reboot. sometimes it freezes at the login screen after reboot as well. I've isolated the problem to CloneDVD (shutdown all non essential processes and services and run just CloneDVD and watch it). Problem is it doesn't occur at the start, will rip until about midway of the disk or towards the end and stop which perplexes me. I mean if it was just the program I would expect it to freeze earlier?

Could it be a buffer problem? Oh one more thing CloneDVD uses like 90% or more of my CPU

I've tried to reinstall and last resort is to do a system restore back to like 5 months ago but I don't want to that just yet

Can anyone help?

I have a Athlon 3200+
2GB RAM
Lots of harddisk space
Running Vista

Lately CloneDVD freezes my system mid rip/burn. Once in awhile it will work but most of the time it freezes everything and requires a complete reboot. sometimes it freezes at the login screen after reboot as well. I've isolated the problem to CloneDVD (shutdown all non essential processes and services and run just CloneDVD and watch it). Problem is it doesn't occur at the start, will rip until about midway of the disk or towards the end and stop which perplexes me. I mean if it was just the program I would expect it to freeze earlier?

Could it be a buffer problem? Oh one more thing CloneDVD uses like 90% or more of my CPU

I've tried to reinstall and last resort is to do a system restore back to like 5 months ago but I don't want to that just yet

Can anyone help?
3200+ CPU and vista isn't a good combination to be honest. You say it freezes during the login screen as well so how is it clonedvd2 then as it hasn't even loaded yet?

3200+ CPU and vista isn't a good combination to be honest. You say it freezes during the login screen as well so how is it clonedvd2 then as it hasn't even loaded yet?

I've been running my comp continuously since I posted BECAUSE I HAVN'T used CloneDVD2. In fact I've run multiple cpu and ram hogging programs continously for 3 days

I said it freezes when I use CloneDVD2 and then right after the reboot it freezes at the login screen meaning that whatever is causing it to freeze doesn't get cleared out or reset on the manual reboot.

The way I clear it is I have to reboot to safe mode then do a restart and that for some reason clears it

and yeah so I've been running Vista on a 3200+ and it works just fine and thats what bugs me, because I've been running it with CloneDVD for at least 6 months without problems

until last month and I haven't loaded any new hardware or software so I'm thinking its either the update to CloneDVD or one of my stupid Windows updates that changed my system

It would have to be a MS update but then again why am I not getting these freezes though so then again makes me think there is sonething in your system to cause this. When you reboot the RAM memory is automatically removed and is fresh again so makes me think RAM is bad or a PSU is bad. Well going bad that is.

Mount An .iso And Try Ripping That

I have a Athlon 3200+
2GB RAM
Lots of harddisk space
Running Vista

Can anyone help?

THAT WILL ELIMINATE YOUR DVD DRIVE

Thanks

I really do appreciate all the input

I downloaded Clone Mobile and i'm going to try it out
if it freezes then i know its not cloneDVD

I think it might be my DVD writer gone bad so I'll swap it out next

and to answer the questions about owning the DVDs yes, i've got kids so its easier for me to copy Little Mermaid and let them watch it a billion times that way they can scratch up the copy because they just have to put it in the players themselves. Now if I can only copy the DVD players .. they've broken 2 already

and to answer the questions about owning the DVDs yes, i've got kids so its easier for me to copy Little Mermaid and let them watch it a billion times that way they can scratch up the copy because they just have to put it in the players themselves. Now if I can only copy the DVD players .. they've broken 2 already

I didn't ask questions. You're responding to my signature.

LOL I was the only responder besides your single post?

joshfullofpoop's response concerning the ownership of dvds is in response to "1)" from my signature.

joshfullofpoop said:
and to answer the questions about owning the DVDs

I didn't ask any questions about owning dvds.

Back