• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Keep getting error when ripping DVD

Mog the Destroyer

I'm trying to rip the 5th disc of Dragon Ball Z Season 1 and I keep getting an error saying that I need to clean the disc. The disc is brand new and clean, got it for x-mas 3 days ago. Tried cleaning the disc, tried cleaning the drive, nothing still getting the same error. BTW - First time seeing this message in AnyDVD - "Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!" Don't know if this could be causing the problem. Someone please help out. :bowdown:

p.s. ~ The error that CloneDVD mobile gives me is "Incorrect Function. If, reading the media has failed, please clean the surface and try again."

BTW - First time seeing this message in AnyDVD - "Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!" Don't know if this could be causing the problem.

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

26. With some discs, I get a weird .bup error message. Should I be worried?

No. That message will be more common, and it doesn't really indicate anything other than the .bup file location does not correspond with the pointers in the .ifo files. This situation is fairly common now, and that message does not necessarily indicate that you will experience problems. also click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=72756&postcount=7 for more information

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.4 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=75016&postcount=1

2. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

3. Right click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "rip video-dvd to hard disk". Then try Clonedvd mobile using that rip as the source.

Still nothing. I updated AnyDVD and tried to rip video dvd to harddisk. I still get an error on VTS_02_4 when trying to rip. It cuts out on me at 45-46%. I'm starting to just think the dvd is messed up.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_DBZ_SEASON01_DISC5.zip
    96.6 KB · Views: 2
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd
ix. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
x. Change the default to match the region you're in.

I still get an error on VTS_02_4 when trying to rip.

What is the full error message?

2. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Hey thanks for all the help. Turns out that Nero says the disc is bad at the same place I had said it was. At about 45-46% during VTS_02_4. The error is "File 1 D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_4.VOB 1 TCSectorReader" I'm just gonna return the discs back to amazon and hopefully that will work for me. Yet again thanks.

Hey thanks for all the help. Turns out that Nero says the disc is bad at the same place I had said it was. At about 45-46% during VTS_02_4. The error is "File 1 D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_4.VOB 1 TCSectorReader" I'm just gonna return the discs back to amazon and hopefully that will work for me. Yet again thanks.

No problem. That error message generally indicates a bad original disc.

By the way, Anydvd 6.3.0.5 beta is available:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=76218&postcount=1

Last edited:
Back