• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Fun With Dick and Jane - 2006

Grypham

Hi ... and Happy Holidays.

I have been trying to make a backup of "Fun With Dick and Jane" Canadian version, using AnyDVD v6303 and CloneDVD2 v2912 to both dual and single layer Verbatims. After scanning, AnyDVD reports:

PLEXTOR DVDRPX-716A 1.10 07/20/0614:00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 8 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

... Note the "Warning" on the .bup file location .....

The resulting backups seem to be missing the first chapter altogether, with the exception of the PG13 and FBI warnings. Even the initial Studio intros. (Columbia/Imagine) are missing ... which I guess are imbedded in Chapter 1 anyway ...

If I select chapter 1 manually from the menu, I get a couple seconds of black screen followed by chapter 2.

Note: This disc contains widescreen and 4:3 versions .... the glitch only affects the widescreen portion.

Any ideas?

I have not had trouble with any other films.

Thanks in advance.:)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_DVD_VIDEO.zip
    128 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
... Note the "Warning" on the .bup file location .....

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

26. With some discs, I get a weird .bup error message. Should I be worried?

No. That message will be more common, and it doesn't really indicate anything other than the .bup file location does not correspond with the pointers in the .ifo files. This situation is fairly common now, and that message does not necessarily indicate that you will experience problems. also click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=72756&postcount=7 for more information

Any ideas?

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.5 beta: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=76218&postcount=1

2. Use the widescreen version, and reupload corresponding .zip with Anydvd 6.3.0.5 beta

3. Did you preserve the main menu in Clonedvd? If not, please do so.

4. Test to see if the problem persists with Anydvd 6.3.0.5 beta

Last edited:
The AI scanner from Anydvd 6.3.0.3 may not be handling this disc properly.
You are right, I can confirm that there is a problem with this disc. Temporary workaround is to disable AI Scanner for this disc.

Hi guys. Sorry for the slow response .... 'tis the season.

First off, many thanks for the help. Disabling the AI scan worked perfect.

Webslinger ... my apologies for not finding the FAQ relating to .bup errors. I did search the forums for the title with only 1 non-related hit. I don't typically post without attempting to find a solution on my own first.

I did try 6304 beta and the menu preserved in CloneDVD as you suggested, but I could tell right away from the preview mode that it wasn't going to work. As mentioned, disabling AI scan did the trick.

Would you still like me to scan and upload the .zip using 6304? Or is it of no real use to you?

Also, for the record, the wide and 4x3 versions are on the same side of the DL master, selectable from the root menu. Not one version on each side of a 2 sided disc.

Thanks again.:clap::bowdown:

Would you still like me to scan and upload the .zip using 6304? Or is it of no real use to you?

Well, the reason I asked is because I thought it might be of use to James. I don't develop Anydvd, and I don't work for Slysoft. So I'm certainly not smart enough to program the AI scanner.

If James asks for more information, please do what James asks.

Thanks

No thanks, I am able to fix it with the files you have sent. :bowdown:

Back