• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NVIDIA and PowerDVD

willn

Any of you guys out there with EVGA 8800 GTS cards that are having problems playing HD-DVD and BluRay movies? I have tried numerous drivers and I get varying results from each. Some of them make PowerDVD 3319a just close, others lock it up. I am just wondering what some of you guys that are not having problems are using. Let me know what version Nvidia driver you are running for this card. Thanks.

I just remembered that I did not have AnyDVD running during these driver tests. Would a non-HDCP monitor hooked to a HDCP video card cause these problems?

You wouldn't be able to play any HD movies on a non-HDCP monitor without AnyDVD running in the background. It might play in SD mode but I think you have to set that in the options.

How many monitors you have running? If more than two, you may want to make your TV monitor your primary or monitor 1 and set up your desktop in monitor 2. Most HD software players want to play on the HDCP overlay and will not use VRM9 to render.

I just remembered that I did not have AnyDVD running during these driver tests. Would a non-HDCP monitor hooked to a HDCP video card cause these problems?

What's wierd is that some movies will play, which makes me think it is something to do with the drivers, because when I switch those, the movies that wouldn't play do. Since I am having so many problems with this card I was thinking about buying a Radeon 3870. Anyone have any suggestions on these cards?

What's wierd is that some movies will play, which makes me think it is something to do with the drivers, because when I switch those, the movies that wouldn't play do. Since I am having so many problems with this card I was thinking about buying a Radeon 3870. Anyone have any suggestions on these cards?
Hey Dude I'm new to this whole thing as well but I can say I'm running the same Graphics card as you and I'm fine. Here's my specs off the top of my head if it helps as a comparison:

(Self build HTPC)
Vista Ultimate
AMD X2 5200 not overclocked
Asus MsN sli motherboard
1x 8800 gts
3 gb mem

I dont necessarily think you should buy a new card. Guru3d.com is a great place to find info about the lastest nvidia drivers etc. I used the programs there to fullly wipe my nvidia drivers, then reload the current updates and I've had no problems with hd or blu ray playback.

I'm sorry I'm not more help as some of the techies here but I felt like I was in the same boat. Of course scotch could also be the culprit. Good luck dude.

You're right, some builds of PowerDVD are incompatible with certain builds of ForceWare. I'm running the latest ForceWare with PowerDVD build 3104a and not one of the movies fails to play either with or with out AnyDVD in the background. I did try the latest build of PowerDVD but that one shrunk the screen size and the black portion had a slightly violet hue. You should be back about two to three months in PowerDVD builds from the ForceWare builds, that's how I get good results.

I'm on an nVidia 7600GT but I do have and HDCP/HDTV hooked up so that's half of the battle right there.

Back