• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any PowerDVD problems for others?

zewtastic

I have PowerDVD Ultra and it has been able to play my ripped Blu Ray just fine.

Recently I got the new LG PC drive that supports both BluRay and HD-DVD, and found my PowerDVD would not play ripped HD-DVD. Gave me some kind of error that said it could not fine "" something.

I got the latest version from Cyberlink (build 3516) and now I cannot even open a folder on the computer using the open "Open movie file on hard disk drive" option.

Is anyone else having these issues? I have a support request in with Cyberlink but thought I would post here also.

I was using Power DVD ultra and I upgraded to the latest version which caused the program not to open files on the hard drive. I contacted them and they said they no longer supported that option. Two weeks later I contacted them again and the said they were working on a patch and would post on their web site when finished.
I re-installed my original version and now all works well!!

I have PowerDVD Ultra and it has been able to play my ripped Blu Ray just fine.

Recently I got the new LG PC drive that supports both BluRay and HD-DVD, and found my PowerDVD would not play ripped HD-DVD. Gave me some kind of error that said it could not fine "" something.

I got the latest version from Cyberlink (build 3516) and now I cannot even open a folder on the computer using the open "Open movie file on hard disk drive" option.

Is anyone else having these issues? I have a support request in with Cyberlink but thought I would post here also.

You need to rollback PowerDVD to the version that came with your drive. It will play from the HDD. The new versions have that function disabled for HD format movies, from what I read here on the forum.

I was using Power DVD ultra and I upgraded to the latest version which caused the program not to open files on the hard drive. I contacted them and they said they no longer supported that option. Two weeks later I contacted them again and the said they were working on a patch and would post on their web site when finished.
I re-installed my original version and now all works well!!

when did you wrote to cyberlink??
a new version with hard drive support sounds great.

Well it's official.

In regard to your concern, we like to inform you that this feature to play HD/BD DVD's from the harddrive has been removed from the new build of the CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra software. So, if you use the new build of the PowerDVD Ultra software then you will not be able to play HD/BD DVD's from harddrive.

This feature has been removed from the new version due to some security policies of the organization which set standards for HD/BD DVD's.

We have already escalated your case to higher department and you have to wait for sometime for updates regarding this issue.

However, if you want to take the refund for the PowerDVD Ultra software then please follow the below mentioned information

Power DVD Ultra Problems

Does anyone know whether the updated Power DVD Ultra, which no longer supports playing ripped files from HD or Blu-Ray to a HDD will play the ISO images of the HD movie on the hard drive?

Does anyone know whether the updated Power DVD Ultra, which no longer supports playing ripped files from HD or Blu-Ray to a HDD will play the ISO images of the HD movie on the hard drive?

Yes it does.

I wrote on 11-18 this was their response "Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD Ultra.

Please note that this feature it has been removed from the software. However, our Product & Development team they are working on it and soon they will release a patch to resolve the issue.

Kindly use the below mention link for quick response to your further reply/query: Since then on 12-20 they wrote:
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD Ultra.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

As of now we did not receive update regarding your issue, any time we receive update for the PowerDVD Ultra then we mention the same on our website.

Again we are apologize for the inconvenience.

Kindly use the below mentioned link to reply us :- I'm not sure I hold too much hope unless the other software players offer the feature.

This is the official word from Cyberlink:

In regard to your concern, we like to inform you that this feature to play HD/BD DVD's from the harddrive has been removed from the new build of the CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra software. So, if you use the new build of the PowerDVD Ultra software then you will not be able to play HD/BD DVD's from harddrive.

This feature has been removed from the new version due to some security policies of the organization which set standards for HD/BD DVD's.

Back