• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Bourne Supremacy; unable to read

me_assassin

Help Please........ :D

Ok, like the original poster, and the title, AnyDVD will not even read this DVD. Nor will DVDShrink, DVDFab-HD, or any of the 5 others I tried. All 'look' at the disk then come up with various errors.

I can 'play' this DVD with no issues on my PC (after turning AnyDVD off), even with MediaPlayer, on My Panasonic EM80H, On my Sony SD-DVD, and on my Toshiba A30. The DVD is a Standard Definition DVD. Region1 playing on a Region 1 LG, GSA-H55N with FW" 1.03 from Oct 2007

I do NOT have autplay enabled. I had/have ANYDvd enabled, though I must disable it to play Bourne Supremacy.

This is the first DVD I have run across that has 'InterActual' crap on it, and the only one so far I have been unable to back up to HDD. I just did The Bourne Identity (2002), and The Bourne Ultimatum (2007), but The Bourne Supremacy (2004) is a no go.

Summary Details:

AnyDVD 6.3.0.3 - Trial version atm, we will see :p
LG DVD RW, Model GSA-H55N FW: 1.03, Oct 2007, Region1
The Bourne Supremacy, Universal Studios, 2:35:1, 2004, Region1

Error Message is:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING!!!

Failed to Read DVD!

This could have several different reasons.

1) Dirty try and clean
2)Damaged Replace it
3) Drive is a Region Locked RPC2 <blah blah> scrambled, different region. Try to find RPC1 patched firmware
4) Drive is an RPC2 not assigned a Region. Try to find RPC1 patched firmware

None of which should be true, nor accurate. Keeping in mind the disk plays just fine. in the same drive, on the same PC, as well as 3 standalone DVD players from 3 manufacturers, and I have ripped 10's of DVD's in this LG Drive and PC combo, exactly as it sits..

I've attached the 'last' .zip file.

Obviously I have attempted many settings within AnyDVD, I have also tried strippping all services and etc from my PC, same errors. SO I ran it one more time, and have attached the zip file. I have also attached one that worked, The Bourne Identity.

Any thoughts out there?

Woulda sold me on AnyDVD immediately if it woulda worked. :p

As it stands, it performed exactly like my original DVDShrink Method. Okay, not quite, DVDShrink made it 30%. :D

Looking forward to any solution.

Thanks,

max

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_BOURNE_SUPREMACY.zip
    95.2 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_BOURNE_IDENTITY.zip
    81.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Help Please........ :D

Ok, like the original poster, and the title, AnyDVD will not even read this DVD. Nor will DVDShrink, DVDFab-HD, or any of the 5 others I tried. All 'look' at the disk then come up with various errors.

I can 'play' this DVD with no issues on my PC (after turning AnyDVD off), even with MediaPlayer, on My Panasonic EM80H, On my Sony SD-DVD, and on my Toshiba A30. The DVD is a Standard Definition DVD. Region1 playing on a Region 1 LG, GSA-H55N with FW" 1.03 from Oct 2007

I do NOT have autplay enabled. I had/have ANYDvd enabled, though I must disable it to play Bourne Supremacy.

This is the first DVD I have run across that has 'InterActual' crap on it, and the only one so far I have been unable to back up to HDD. I just did The Bourne Identity (2002), and The Bourne Ultimatum (2007), but The Bourne Supremacy (2004) is a no go.

Summary Details:

AnyDVD 6.3.0.3 - Trial version atm, we will see :p
LG DVD RW, Model GSA-H55N FW: 1.03, Oct 2007, Region1
The Bourne Supremacy, Universal Studios, 2:35:1, 2004, Region1

Error Message is:
WARNING!!!

Failed to Read DVD!

This could have several different reasons.

1) Dirty try and clean
2)Damaged Replace it
3) Drive is a Region Locked RPC2 <blah blah> scrambled, different region. Try to find RPC1 patched firmware
4) Drive is an RPC2 not assigned a Region. Try to find RPC1 patched firmware

None of which should be true, nor accurate. Keeping in mind the disk plays just fine. in the same drive, on the same PC, as well as 3 standalone DVD players from 3 manufacturers, and I have ripped 10's of DVD's in this LG Drive and PC combo, exactly as it sits..

I've attached the 'last' .zip file.

Obviously I have attempted many settings within AnyDVD, I have also tried strippping all services and etc from my PC, same errors. SO I ran it one more time, and have attached the zip file. I have also attached one that worked, The Bourne Identity.

Any thoughts out there?

Woulda sold me on AnyDVD immediately if it woulda worked. :p

As it stands, it performed exactly like my original DVDShrink Method. Okay, not quite, DVDShrink made it 30%. :D

Looking forward to any solution.

Thanks,

max

First issue is :

incdrm (system32\drivers\InCDRm.sys), Version: 5.5.3.1 (5.5.3.1)
Company: Nero AG
Product: InCD Reader
Copyright: Copyright 2007 Nero AG and its licensors
Description: Nero MRW Filter Driver
Trademarks: InCD is a trademark of Nero AG
FileVersion: 5, 5, 3, 1
ProductVersion: 5, 5, 3, 1

Remove this.

This may be an issue :

E:\ -> \Device\CdRom0
\DosDevices\E:\ -> IDE\CdRomHL-DT-ST_DVD-RAM_GSA-H55N_______________1.03____\5&13a60baf&0&0.0.0
Device UpperFilters:
redbook (system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys), Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (5.1.2600.2180)
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
FileVersion: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
ProductVersion: 5.1.2600.2180

Charlie,

Thank you for such a quick reply.

Are you saying I should remove the Nero Filter? Do you feel that will, or has, cleared up justthis sort of issue on one cd out of the, perhaps 50 I have ripped?

Won't that kill Nero and all my other currently working solutions?

Lets say I do get rid of the 'InCDRm.sys', is it easy to put back? Not that I don't trust AnyDVD, but so far it has done nothing special for me that I can't already do. I don't want to trash my current abilities for a maybe one, unless I can get back easy. :D Though I suspect I will need it when I start backing HD disks.

On the second item, redbook, microsoft Audio filter. Are you suggesting I also strip this out of my registry? Strange it wasn't picked up as a filter by "Jons FIlterFix V0.1.1.5"

Please don't think I am complaining, I really apprieciate any help I can get, and will certainly attempt whatever I need to meet my goal, but I want to be somewhat cautios that I don't make things worse. :D

Thanks again, I think I'll give it another whack tomorrow.

max

Last edited:
If you remove InCd it doesn't effect nero at all but does and or can effect dvd backup software. I wouldn't worry about the other until Webslinger says something as I am not sure on that on.

This may be an issue :

E:\ -> \Device\CdRom0
\DosDevices\E:\ -> IDE\CdRomHL-DT-ST_DVD-RAM_GSA-H55N_______________1.03____\5&13a60baf&0&0.0.0
Device UpperFilters:
redbook (system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys), Version: 5.1.2600.2180 (5.1.2600.2180)
Company: Microsoft Corporation
Product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Copyright: © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Description: Redbook Audio Filter Driver
FileVersion: 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
ProductVersion: 5.1.2600.2180

Why would this be an issue, Charlie? I don't think it is.

I didn't google but was just guessing and told them this was alright fior now.

I am afraid it will be/is buried, and this is still an issue.

Anydvd handles this title perfectly fine.

You've got some junk on your system as Charlie noted:

InCDPass (system32\drivers\InCDPass.sys), Version: 5.5.3.1 (5.5.3.1)
Product: InCD
Description: Ahead RW Filter Driver

incdrm (system32\drivers\InCDRm.sys), Version: 5.5.3.1 (5.5.3.1)
Product: InCD Reader
Description: Nero MRW Filter Driver

1. i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "incdrm". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "InCDPass". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

2. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.4: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11263

3. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

4. If you still get that AI scanner error, you've got a bad original disc that needs to be exchanged.

From what I see in the first post.......my first thought was a damaged or dirty original disc.

From what I see in the first post.......my first thought was a damaged or dirty original disc.

That's probably the case, but Nero's Incd could be causing problems on me_assassin's system.

Back