• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] AI Scanner removes playable cell and RipGuard

jinjin_jp

"Cars" is released 2 versions. One has RipGuard, another has no RipGuard.
I bought no-RipGurd version and now can find and buy RipGuard-version, and become to be able to compare.
They have no difference exept for RipGuard.

About no-RipGuard version,
I experienced the problem of RipIt4Me and DVDFabDecrypter(PathPlayer). They remove playable cell which is well-known as Easter Egg.
I found the reason is they can't recognize button command which in 2nd set of multiple sets.
AnyDVD has no problem about it.

But about RipGuard version, AnyDVD seems to have same problem.
There is no preblem if AI Scanner is off.
I thought strange it from zip file, that AI Scanner seems not to work about no-RipGuard version even if AI Scanner is on.

Here is zip files.
drive I => RipGuard version
drive K => no-RipGuard version

Regards.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_I_CRZ0JJW2.zip
    104.4 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVD_Info_K_CRZ0JJW2.zip
    93.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I thought strange it from zip file, that AI Scanner seems not to work about no-RipGuard version even if AI Scanner is on.

If there's no structural protection on the disc, enabling or disabling the AI scanner will not make a difference.

I'll try to PM James about the easter egg problem. Is that disc from Japan?

If there's no structural protection on the disc, enabling or disabling the AI scanner will not make a difference.

Does it mean AI scanner always doesn't work if there's no structual protection like RipGuard ?

Is that disc from Japan?
Yes.

Additional information;
Disney started to release RipGuard-DVD from August 2006, but stops in November 2006 after released just 15 DVDs because some player can't replay correctly.
It seems to be exchanged for no-RipGuard DVD if anyone has problem, so there seems to be 2 versions.
Universal pictures released 3 RipGuard-DVDs fom October to December 2006, but its cheap edition DVDs released in next year seems to be no-RipGuard.
And ARccOS released is only one.
RipGuard and ARccOS is very rare in Japan.

Regards.

Thanks for the explanation.
I understood it is what I thought.

Regards.

Well, if it has Ripguard then it has structural protection

There are two different discs of Cars (Japan). One has Ripguard, and the other doesn't. For the disc with Ripguard, Anydvd's AI scanner incorrectly removes an Easter Egg.

6.3.0.5beta seems not to be fixed.
Here is the file.(only RipGuard version, VTS_18_1 should be actually playable.)

I become not to undestand AI scanner.
Its function is to find and remove unplayable cells ?
Why it works for RipGuard DVD, but not no-RipGuard ?
No-RipGuard DVDs also have possibility to involve unplayable cell ?

Regards

Attachments

104.4 KB · Views: 1
6.3.0.5beta seems not to be fixed.

I become not to undestand AI scanner.
Its function is to find and remove unplayable cells ?
Why it works for RipGuard DVD, but not no-RipGuard ?
No-RipGuard DVDs also have possibility to involve unplayable cell ?

Regards
AI scanner and similar tools like pathplayer, ripit4me cannot copy "well hidden" easter eggs, as they are not "designed to be played". This is the the way it is, depending on how the easter egg is implemented. How do you "reach" this egg? Is it a hidden menu or the "chapter jumping method" as found on the Star Wars discs?
AI scanner cannot find "well hidden" eggs, in this case you should disable the AI scanner. AI scanner switches itself off, if a disc is unprotected.

How do you "reach" this egg? Is it a hidden menu or the "chapter jumping method" as found on the Star Wars discs?
Easter Egg (VTST_18, PGC_1) is jumped from main menu (VTSM_10, PGC_18, Cell_3).
This menu cell is multiple set of buttons.
I think only DvdReMakePro(eve if Demo vesion) is only program which can analyze multiple set of buttons.
The cell is consisit of 3 sets, and each set have 7 buttons.
Tha command of button_1 to 6 each is common in 3 sets.
Only button_7 of 2nd set has the command which jumps to Easter Egg.
Button_7 of 1st and 3rd set has the command which is same as button_1 and jump to main movie.
(Actually it doesn't jump directly to the title, but sets Gprm which decides the title to jump, and reaches the title through other menu-PGCs.)
This cell is replayed 33.5 seconds, and 2nd set appears at 26.5 to 32 second.
AnyDVD, DVDFab and RipIt4Me all seem not to be able to recognize 2nd set of buttons.

Regards.

Last edited:
…About no-RipGuard version,

AnyDVD has no problem about it.

AI Scanner seems not to work about no-RipGuard version even if AI Scanner is on.…

Am I the only one confused by this? He says AnyDVD has "no problem" with the no-RipGuard version, then he says the AI Scanner "seems not to work" on the no-RipGuard version... :confused:

Am I the only one confused by this? He says AnyDVD has "no problem" with the no-RipGuard version, then he says the AI Scanner "seems not to work" on the no-RipGuard version... :confused:

I thought he was referring to the fact the AI scanner is not active on the disc he is using that does not contain Ripguard (that's normal because the AI scanner isn't active unless the disc contains structural protection).

As Webslinger explains...

I always set AI scanner "on".
But AI scanner does not always work, it is depend on what kind DVD is.
AI scanner works when DVD has RipGuard, but not work when DVD doesn't have RipGuard even if set "on".
AI scanner seems to have bug which misrecognize playable cell when multiple set of buttons like "CARS".

So "no-RipGuard version" => "AI scanner doesn't work" => "no problem".
Oppsitely "RipGuard version" => "AI scanner works" => "problem (remove playable cell)".

Regards.

A happy new year.
Thanks for new 6.3.0.6beta.

It seems not to be fixed.

Regards.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_K_CRZ0JJW2.zip
    104.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for new 6.3.0.8beta.

At first I want to ask in order to consider about the result.

1)How to judge whether AI scanner works or not ?
=> I understand by zip file. AI_ButtonFile and AI_StateFile are added when works.

2)How to judge whether cells are remover works or not ?
=> I understand by Cell_Address_Table. Cell becomes to 4 sectors when works.

When thinking like above,
the result of No_RipGuard (automatic and enable) is that AI scanner works but cell(VTS_18 ) is not removed correctly.

What is author's intention ?
AI scanner of automatioc works or not when No_RipGuard ?

I attached the file of No_RipGuard.

Regards.

Attachments

102.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

Regards.

I don't understand. The zip indicates that this disc has structural protection on it.
So, isn't this the the Ripguard version you uploaded?

Last edited:

The A.I. scanner should be set to "Automatic (default)".

The intention is that unless Anydvd's status window indicates "Found & removed structural copy protection!", the A.I. scanner should not be active.

Last edited:
Thanks for new 6.3.0.8beta.

At first I want to ask in order to consider about the result.

1)How to judge whether AI scanner works or not ?
=> I understand by zip file. AI_ButtonFile and AI_StateFile are added when works.

2)How to judge whether cells are remover works or not ?
=> I understand by Cell_Address_Table. Cell becomes to 4 sectors when works.

When thinking like above,
the result of No_RipGuard (automatic and enable) is that AI scanner works but cell(VTS_18 ) is not removed correctly.

Regards.
Set AI Scanner to "Automatic" (Default).
Disable logging (Default).

Both discs (RipGuard / No RipGuard) will play correctly.

Back