• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My problem with The Kingdom

pghpunk

I too have had this same problem - last week I encountered the same mess with Balls Of Fury. With that disc I returned it for a new one and had no problems. With The Kingdom I am now on my 4th disc and I still cannot get this to work. I have tried 3 different DVD drives on 2 different computers and nothing is working! If anyone has any help other than "it worked for me" it would be greatly appreciated by those of us who are stuck with this one!

Thanks!

I too have had this same problem - last week I encountered the same mess with Balls Of Fury. With that disc I returned it for a new one and had no problems. With The Kingdom I am now on my 4th disc and I still cannot get this to work. I have tried 3 different DVD drives on 2 different computers and nothing is working! If anyone has any help other than "it worked for me" it would be greatly appreciated by those of us who are stuck with this one!

Thanks!

Well, it will actually help if you gave us more information.

WY

1. Do not post in other people's troubleshooting threads unless you want to help them please. click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully

2) a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

3) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

When using DVD Shrink (along side Any DVD) it gets stuck during it's analyzing process at 73% with a Cyclical Redundancy Error. When using CloneDVD2 it gets stuck near the exact same spot. When using DVDFab Platinum same problem. This has happened on all the discs I have tried as well as the DVD drives I tried.

sorry - I am in the process of acquiring the log file now - I'll post it as soon as I get it!

Thanks!

Here is the zip file that was requested

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_THE_KINGDOM.zip
    91.8 KB · Views: 14
sorry - I am in the process of acquiring the log file now - I'll post it as soon as I get it!

Thanks!

State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

Here is the zip file that was requested

AFS2K (system32\drivers\AFS2K.sys), Version: 3.1.21.0 (3.1.21.0)
Company: Oak Technology Inc.
Product: AFS
Copyright: Copyright (C) Oak Technology Inc.
Description: Audio File System
FileVersion: 3.1.21.1103
ProductVersion: 3.1.21.2(1103)
PrivateBuild: 3.1.21.2(1103)
SpecialBuild: Windows 2000/XP free build.

James hates this filter. Typically it comes with HP software or as an Oak cd driver.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "AFS2K". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

The program that installed that filter will no longer function properly (in all likelyhood).

When using DVD Shrink (along side Any DVD) it gets stuck during it's analyzing process at 73% with a Cyclical Redundancy Error.

There's no protection on this disc other than CSS. In other words, this disc is pretty basic.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Ok - so here is what I have. The disc I bought (r1 WS) gets about halfway through when using Nero CD Speed and documents bad sectors. I went down the street and rented a copy from Redbox and it does the exact same thing. Every other disc I use works perfectly just this disc!

Ok - so here is what I have. The disc I bought (r1 WS) gets about halfway through when using Nero CD Speed and documents bad sectors.

Lots of bad original discs were made then

Drinklyeanddie once exchanged a disc 10 times at a store (granted, it wasn't this movie, but the point is bad original discs are no longer uncommon).

rented a copy from Redbox

Instead, you should return the original disc you bought.

Last edited:
You can also try cleaning the disc.

Just sounds as though a lot of bad discs were made for this movie

If PghPunk is from Pittsburgh, could it be a bad batch of discs? I too am from that area and have had the same, and I mean exactly the same problems (in dvd shrink & clonedvd2) that pghpunk listed in the earlier posts.

If PghPunk is from Pittsburgh, could it be a bad batch of discs? I too am from that area and have had the same, and I mean exactly the same problems (in dvd shrink & clonedvd2) that pghpunk listed in the earlier posts.

Yes, it could. It would be one thing if these discs had some serious structural protection on them, but they don't. Pretty basic . . .

Another thing that you can try doing (I notice a lite-on drive is being used) is to reduce the read speed of the drive, and see if that helps.
You can try enabling speed control in Anydvd.

Last edited:
Yes from Pittsburgh and I took the disc back TWO MORE TIMES today and still having the same results. I'm almost positive that it's not the drive because I have check other drives to no avail. The Giant Eagle that I purchased the disc at will no longer accept my return - they say I have to go through the manufaturer or contact GE's home office! I can't blame them - I have wiped out their inventory of this movie!

Yes from Pittsburgh and I took the disc back TWO MORE TIMES today and still having the same results. I'm almost positive that it's not the drive because I have check other drives to no avail. The Giant Eagle that I purchased the disc at will no longer accept my return - they say I have to go through the manufaturer or contact GE's home office! I can't blame them - I have wiped out their inventory of this movie!

Well, you can follow my instructions and delete the filter. Try again.

And if that doesn't work, then I would complain to the manufacturer.

Quality control simply is going down the tubes more frequently.

It may be a bit annoying but IMHO you cannot just accept and keep what I am willing to bet is a bad disc. If they don't wish to replace the disc for another then, personally, I would demand my money back in full so that I could go elsewhere and purchase the disc since they, obviously, have nothing but a bad batch. If they argue that, and likely will, then I'd have no issues contacting their home office and explaining the situation. You are buying bad discs that they received from their supplier. The company should be very concerned because you are not the only person getting bad discs from their store. I'm pretty stubborn about getting what I paid for.

I'd still follow Webslinger's advice as well, though. :)

The Kingdom

The Kingdom works fine with CloneDVD 2912 and AnyDVD 6303. I have copied my discs and it worked great

Back