• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD on iMAC

bkjeell

I have just moved over to iMAC and am trying to move AnyDVD over to it. Am running Windows XP Professional on it, under Mac OS (Leopard) using VMWare Fusion, for the few applications I can not live without (such as AnyDVD). I am having problems installing AnyDVD however. Any tips or suggestions? The downloaded version (latest version, 6.3.0.3) file is not recognizable by the installer.

I have just moved over to iMAC and am trying to move AnyDVD over to it. Am running Windows XP Professional on it, under Mac OS (Leopard) using VMWare Fusion, for the few applications I can not live without (such as AnyDVD). I am having problems installing AnyDVD however. Any tips or suggestions? The downloaded version (latest version, 6.3.0.3) file is not recognizable by the installer.

Why don't you just dual boot instead of running VMware? That should take care of the issue, or better yet dump the MAC. :agree:

re

If you want to use AnyDVD in a Virtual PC, try Parallels Desktop. I had it once and it worked fine with AnyDVD and CloneDVD.

The downloaded version (latest version, 6.3.0.3) file is not recognizable by the installer.

?? not recognizable by what installer?
If you are in single window mode and download the current version via IE and choose Run, it should install fine. You might need reboot after installation.

I run AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 fine on MacBook using Fusion.

And no, I don't agree with people suggesting to use Parallels. I found Fusion to be much faster! It took me always more than one hour to rip DVDs with Parallels (even with Parallels v3, and of course with the tools installed). Sometimes DVDs took 2.5h to rip. With Fusion it never takes me more than one hour to rip structural protection discs and unprotected dvds rip in half an hour or less.

Be sure to have VMware Fusion (and of course AnyDVD) running and in focus before you insert the DVD.

Back