• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any Support For Sandisk Sansa View Players?

bannontj

Anyone have sucess with which file format to use that after converted using the Sansa media converter will play a movie properly? It would be nice if Clone DVD Mobile would simply output to the Sansa format... Anyone got anything on this? thanks,

I converted to DivX, then converted again using the sansa media converter but when playing; the playback was poor; jerky and out of sync with audio.
I've given up trying.

I've targeted just about every mobile player selection that produces an MP4 file. None of them work. Unfortunately I paid for the software and still have to use the Sansa Media Converter.

Another piece of software that does work is "Any Video Converter", a free download.

I hope that SlySoft reads this thread and adds support for the Sansa View.

In the folder that you installed CloneDVDmobile (C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile perhaps) there is a file Devices.ini.
Make a backup copy of it, then open the original and add the following entry.
It likely isn't optimal, but it represents settings that work for my son's 8GB View.

Save the changes, start CloneDVDmobile, and look down to "Sandisk" on the list of devices, select "Sansa View" and give it a shot.

If anyone has better settings, please post!

[Sansa View]
Manufacturer=Sandisk
ScreenRatio=15:11
Res1=320x240
ResAna1=320x180
ARate=11025
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
FileType=mp4
NTSCFrameRate1=29.97
NTSCFrameRateDeinterlace1=29.97
Quality=23
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=libfaac
MVolume=10
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=512

rrempel, The setting you have provided generated an error. I am using the trial version of the software as I have not found an encoder that works to my liking yet for my 16GB View. I have purchased other slysoft products and have been very pleased, but until I know this works with the View, my money stays with me.

In the folder that you installed CloneDVDmobile (C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile perhaps) there is a file Devices.ini.
Make a backup copy of it, then open the original and add the following entry.
It likely isn't optimal, but it represents settings that work for my son's 8GB View.

Save the changes, start CloneDVDmobile, and look down to "Sandisk" on the list of devices, select "Sansa View" and give it a shot.

If anyone has better settings, please post!

[Sansa View]
Manufacturer=Sandisk
ScreenRatio=15:11
Res1=320x240
ResAna1=320x180
ARate=11025
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
FileType=mp4
NTSCFrameRate1=29.97
NTSCFrameRateDeinterlace1=29.97
Quality=23
MVolume=10
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
MaxVBitrate=512

Have you tested this? I have a friend that's been looking for a good converter for his sansa, I'll try this out.

Yeah I tried it and I got an error

"File 2 "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile\apps\mencoder.exe" - -srate 11025 -af volume=10 -aspect 16:9 -of lavf -lavfopts format=mp4 -oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=l ibfaac:vbitrate=388:abitrate=128 -vf pp=fd,scale=320:180,harddup -info name="DusttoGlory" -ofps 30000/1001 -o "C:\Documents and Settings\Whoodie.WHOODIEXP32\Desktop\DusttoGlory.mp4" 109 TCE

Encoder output:

Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
Audio LAVC, couldn't find encoder for codec l."

Whatever all that means :confused:

Problem solved

Yeah I tried it and I got an error

acodec=l ibfaac

Audio LAVC, couldn't find encoder for codec l."

Whatever all that means :confused:
Your problem is that a space has been inserted into one of the options posted by rrempel which has caused CloneDVDMobile to give the error (the space in the word "l ibfaac" should not be there, so it thinks the codec name is "l" instead of libfaac).

Change the line in the devices.ini file from
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:acodec=l ibfaac
to remove the space in "l ibfaac"

The problem is caused by the way that the forum displays the message - the wraparound text in the reply box makes a space appear when it was not there originally. I tried to post the correct line but it does the same thing (makes a space appear - see example below - there is NO space but one appears)

The correct file is ATTACHED to this post.

Attachments

• Sansa View devices_ini.txt
    338 bytes · Views: 26
Last edited:
Ok I tried the attached settings and I did not get an error, however the files when transferred did not play, "unsupported...." it says. I hope that I am just doing something wrong. Any ideas?

I tried it too and then had to use Sandisk Media Converter to get things to work. Double conversion I guess.

The player that I used is the Sansa e250 and it seems to want MOV files. When I converted from MP4 (CloneDVDMobile) to MOV via the Sansa Media Converter everything worked just fine.

What a hassle. It would be nice to go directly from DVD to MOV via CloneDVDMobile.

Maybe someone else has figured this out?

Back