• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Written by Island Thunder

plato

Clicking "information" in AnyDVD it says "written by Island Thunder".

I always thought James Wong would be the chief developer? :confused:

Clicking "information" in AnyDVD it says "written by Island Thunder".

I always thought James Wong would be the chief developer? :confused:

That's funny, I had this program over a year and just noticed that.

Maybe Island Thunder is the shadow chief developer ? :p

I was thinking like the show "Dances with Wolves"? Island Thunder is James's code name? :D

I was thinking like the show "Dances with Wolves"? Island Thunder is James's code name? :D

Maybe he does not want anybody knowing his real name due to he is going to crack BD+ in the very next time so he does not need a bodyguard! :D

Kidding aside! Maybe he is going to enlighten us?

Last edited:
Doubt it as he is really busy right now, but like the thinking and theory you have.

Doubt it as he is really busy right now

Do you have personal contact to James ? :)

Sometimes it seems to me he is never sleeping, but I do have a good explanation for this:
It is the mild climate of Antigua. :D

Last edited:
Island Thunder is just a name on the program. I doubt you will get any more information than that. :disagree:

Island Thunder is just a name on the program. I doubt you will get any more information than that. :disagree:

I thought "The costumer is king" would be one of the SlySoft principles. So I think I do not demand too much if I am asking why it says "Island Thunder" and not "James Wong".

Last edited:
I like this discussion, very funny .... :D

I thought "The costumer is king" would be one of the SlySoft principles. So I think I do not demand too much if I am asking why it says "Island Thunder" and not "James Wong".

I prefer "customer is king" my self. Don't know much about hollywood costumers....

OK logically thinking here what if Island Thunder is the inventor of it and the engineers are the ones who keep it updated? Just a theory but sounds like it may be the case.

OK logically thinking here what if Island Thunder is the inventor of it and the engineers are the ones who keep it updated? Just a theory but sounds like it may be the case.

But wasn't it Ollie who really created AnyDVD under another name and not nearly as sophisticated before Slysoft purchased it?

That said, I suppose if Slysoft was based in Australia it might be written by The Thunder Down Under. ;)

Back