• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy DVD for play on computer

fingers

Can I copy DVDs for play on my computer. I would like to have my DVD collection on my hard drive and play them over my home network to my TV. How can I use AnyDVD to copy the DVD so that play back is possible from the hard drive as opposed to a DVD?

Can I copy DVDs for play on my computer. I would like to have my DVD collection on my hard drive and play them over my home network to my TV. How can I use AnyDVD to copy the DVD so that play back is possible from the hard drive as opposed to a DVD?

Just select dvd files instead of your burner in Clonedvd's output screen.

Just select dvd files instead of your burner in Clonedvd's output screen.

Ok...that's what I thought. Now the new questions are:

1. When selecting DVD files instead of .iso or direct to DVD, it creates two folders in the location I tell it. The 2 folders are:

AUDIO_TS (which is empty)
VIDEO_TS (contains numerous files: .BUP, .VOB, .IFO

Is the fact that the AUDIO_TS folder empty normal?

2. When pointing Windows Media Center to the folder containing the above folders, Media Center finds the folders however, when I tell it to play the movie it says it cannot find anything. Any suggestions?

Answer to # 1 yes this is normal for CloneDVD2.

# 2 I have yet to really try this in my system but other dvd ripping software won't as well.

2. When pointing Windows Media Center to the folder containing the above folders, Media Center finds the folders however, when I tell it to play the movie it says it cannot find anything. Any suggestions?

Try selecting the video_ts folder. I don't use media center

Try selecting the video_ts folder. I don't use media center

Ok, I can try that. The idea here was to have a DVD library so that I could search, catalog etc my DVDs instead of having to look through all the DVDs on the shelf to find the one I want to play. I am sure I am not the only one that is trying to do this.

Presently I am trying this out with only one of my DVDs just to see if it works. Here is the folder structure I created:
My Movies \ Movie Title 1 \ AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS.

The idea is to have each movie title in it's own folder under My Movies. Within each movie title folder would contain, AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS.

Should this work?

Ok, I can try that. The idea here was to have a DVD library so that I could search, catalog etc my DVDs instead of having to look through all the DVDs on the shelf to find the one I want to play. I am sure I am not the only one that is trying to do this.

Presently I am trying this out with only one of my DVDs just to see if it works. Here is the folder structure I created:
My Movies \ Movie Title 1 \ AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS.

The idea is to have each movie title in it's own folder under My Movies. Within each movie title folder would contain, AUDIO_TS, VIDEO_TS.

Should this work?

Considering that you can configure other folders for MCP yes but I have yet to get this to work myself.

Back