• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

HD-DVD..rip to .iso or video files to hdd?

hazzad

HI all,

I recently did a rip of Transformers to hdd using anydvd hd. Works fine using powerdvd. Ive just tried to make a iso using imgburn and it also seems to work fine.

Question isd, is it better to just use the rip to hdd function in anydvd hd and make an iso of that or use something like isobuster to make a direct iso rip of the hddvd(assuming that works) and let anydvd hd do the removal of encryption on the fly as it would a bluray rip from the ps3?

Any advice appreciated.

HaZ

I was under the inpression that when u make the iso anyhd has removed the encryption so u dont need it loaded.

I prefer iso as it allows me to create an icon that anyone (non pc users) can click on and it will load and play the movie and simpler.

Not sure about hd-dvd, but with ps3 the iso is intact protection and all. What do you use to rip hd-dvd to iso? I have not seen anything that rips to iso and strips protection?

From your title I thought you were talking about HD not BR dvd so not sure about that.

as for HDDVD when you take an ISO off the disk WITH anydvdHD running it removes the protection just as with normal DVD's.

Ive use the recomended programes mentioned in this forum which is imageburn and deamon tools.

Not sure about hd-dvd, but with ps3 the iso is intact protection and all. What do you use to rip hd-dvd to iso? I have not seen anything that rips to iso and strips protection?

i have been using image burn to rip hd dvd movies from the disks as an iso with anydvd hd running in the back ground

Are these ISOs compressed in any way or are they always some 50 GB even if the content is small?

Can you make a rip of a hd-dvd without using anydvd hd? Ie just use for example imgburn to crate an exact dump like the ps3 does for blu-rays? Then just mount that intact .iso and just let anydvd hd do the removal of protection on the fly? This is what im asking. Seems like extra work to rip with anydvd hd and then us imgburn to create the iso?

Can you make a rip of a hd-dvd without using anydvd hd? Ie just use for example imgburn to crate an exact dump like the ps3 does for blu-rays? Then just mount that intact .iso and just let anydvd hd do the removal of protection on the fly? This is what im asking. Seems like extra work to rip with anydvd hd and then us imgburn to create the iso?

Yes, yes indeed you can.

Yes, yes indeed you can.

im confused, are you saying you can copy a hd dvd without anydvd at all or are you saying you dont have to rip with the anydvd ripper, because i use imageburn to make an iso directly from the disk but anydvd is running in the tray

im confused, are you saying you can copy a hd dvd without anydvd at all or are you saying you dont have to rip with the anydvd ripper, because i use imageburn to make an iso directly from the disk but anydvd is running in the tray

Here's what I'm saying. When you rip an image with the PS3, the image is NOT decrypted. When you mount the image with Daemon Tools running but NOT AnyDVD HD, the encryption is still there and you can't play the movie. If you load AnyDVD HD, it then removes the encryption on the fly and you can play the movie, but, it does not touch the original image.

Same rules apply with making an image using ImgBurn with AnyDVD NOT running. No protection is removed in that case and you have a "pure" image from the disc that has to be processed by AnyDVD in order to use.

If you make an image with AnyDVD running, then the protection is removed on the image you create and you can mount it without AnyDVD running.

See, simple. :D

Here's what I'm saying. When you rip an image with the PS3, the image is NOT decrypted. When you mount the image with Daemon Tools running but NOT AnyDVD HD, the encryption is still there and you can't play the movie. If you load AnyDVD HD, it then removes the encryption on the fly and you can play the movie, but, it does not touch the original image.

Same rules apply with making an image using ImgBurn with AnyDVD NOT running. No protection is removed in that case and you have a "pure" image from the disc that has to be processed by AnyDVD in order to use.

If you make an image with AnyDVD running, then the protection is removed on the image you create and you can mount it without AnyDVD running.

See, simple. :D

ok now i see thanks :)

Back