• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Not Unprotecting DVDs

sileni

I am trying to use AnyDVD to remove the protection on my DVDs and am then using Max Media Manager Pro to rip the DVD to my PSP. It seemed to work for the first 4 movies I tried, but has not worked for the last 5. I keep getting the same error: "Sorry couldn't convert DVD. It may be protected."

After reading some of the posts, I also tried the following:
- Setting my system properties to the correct region and re-tried.
- I downloaded the lastest version of the AnyDVD software and re-tried.
- I tried the "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk" and then ripping the movie from my hard drive, but no joy. Just the same error.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

The following is the AnyDVD status:

Summary for drive H: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.3)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-K17 1.00 06/11/20PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2026976 sectors (3958 MBytes)
Total size: 4008432 sectors (7828 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LSE0NNW1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Warning: .bup file location is wrong, .bup processing disabled!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 4 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

[FONT=&quot]If you were able to rip the movie to the hard drive successfully then it’s not an AnyDVD problem. [/FONT]

It seemed to work for the first 4 movies I tried, but has not worked for the last 5. I keep getting the same error: "Sorry couldn't convert DVD. It may be protected."

With heavily protected discs, you should be using Anydvd ripper first (right click red fox icon on toolbar-->select "rip video dvd to hard disk"). Then use whatever other program you're using on that rip (use the rip as the source).

Back