• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD region coding - to slysoft

musicman2311

Hi there,
I have recently backed up pirates of caribean 3 with anydvd hd - no problem.

But, when i burned on BD -R (50 gig) , all files one to one, the PS3 comes up with a screen saying it cannot play because of region setting.

reading the burned disc back to anydvd HD it states it has region 0.

As I re-call, anydvd also offers to set a region, but not to set all regions !

My request is to enable a region setting which enables e.g. A,B or A,C or A,B,C - just like the german spiderman 3 BD - it is region A,B,C, but not region zero

hope you find this useful

regarless of the region setting, the ps3 wont play back PAL on a NTSC system and vice-versa.

well - i have news for you: blu ray European AlienVsPredator (coded region B) - plays nice in US pS3 ;
all my us backups (all ntsc) play on european ps3.

note: a PAL DVD (cam recordings, no region coding) does not play on us ps3,
but all (region free) dvd in NTSC play on european PS3 (because region code 2 includes NTSC/Japan).
all TVs by the way, 32 inch and up, support NTSC because of same reason (in europe).

and for completenes - m2ts files from my PAL HD CAM play fine on US PS3, just not the AVCHD discs

Also on the shop bought Blu-ray films they don't have PAL or NTSC, just region coding. I have no problems playing back anything I've ripped and then burnt back to bd-re on my PS3. Havn't tried Pirates 3 yet, but none of my other films have had a problem, and it doesn't have a problem with my own footage authored in Encore which has no region coding at all. I think it may be that something went wrong when you ripped it. I always rip to my harddrive first, then play it back in powerdvd with the region set to C (as I have no region C discs) if it works then I just burn it to disc in nero setting udf to 2.5. has always worked for me

adbear thanks - i have same experience as you - please try pirates 3 and let me know

thanks, not urgent here, but i'd be very interested to learn your experience

OK, so I took my region A PoTC 3, ripped it to the harddrive with region code removal set to A. I then set my Powerdvd to region C and it played fine so I know the region code was removed. I then wrote it out to a BD-RE and played it back in my US PS3 and it worked perfectly

thanks,
i am convinced that this works - what i would like to achieve is to play it on any PS3 - region A or B - same disc.
So far that had worked fine with the 'region free' setting.

As you point out, anyDVD allows you to set the desired region - but only one of them - my request is to set 2 of them or 3.

Anydvd removed the region coding from my disc, I can play it in any player that accepts bd-r's or bd-re's

thanks,
i am convinced that this works - what i would like to achieve is to play it on any PS3 - region A or B - same disc.
So far that had worked fine with the 'region free' setting.

As you point out, anyDVD allows you to set the desired region - but only one of them - my request is to set 2 of them or 3.
You don't get it - AnyDVD removes the region code, if you tell AnyDVD what region the disc was locked. So, if you want to make a region B disc region free, set AnyDVD to region B.

Back