• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

'on the fly'

F

fivestones

I have seen this 'on the fly' What does it mean? I kown it has to be easy and i have read in the help programes and looked here can't Find it. Thanks Fivestones:doh:

Found a good quote from Wiki
wikipedia said:
On-the-fly is also a term used for copying a source medium (i.e. CD-ROM or DVD) to a target medium (i.e. CD-R) directly, without first saving the source on an intermediate medium (i.e. a harddisk).
I think that hits the nail firmly on the head.

(((Thanks to you all))) I am trying to learn as fast as i can and hope to be able to help others like you are all helping me.Fivestones:agree:

Very bad idea to rip and burn a DVD movie "on the fly" (DVD original directly burned to DVD blank media, bypassing the HDD). It's iffy even if the original is in pristine condition ... Even if you had a 10Mb buffer on your burner. You will get errors and make coasters much of the time.

You are making backups with software that is designed to make backups. You are not duplicating disks. There is a timing factor to be considered here. Rip to your HDD first ... then burn.

Using the term "decrypting on the fly" (as AnyDVD does) is using the expression "on the fly" for a different reason in a different context.

Whisperer

Last edited:
I think here is my Drives is this right and are they any good?:confused:
My Drives

Drive D:

SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615 FDS1 NOV28 ,2004

Drive E:

PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8631 CD21 MY0X90197015952504OR
Thanks Fivestones:eek:

I think here is my Drives is this right and are they any good?:confused:
My Drives

Drive D:

SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615 FDS1 NOV28 ,2004

Drive E:

PHILIPS DVD+-RW DVD8631 CD21 MY0X90197015952504OR
Thanks Fivestones:eek:
We almost have identical drives. The Sony one is exactly the same, and the Philips one is the same except for the last four numbers, wow. There is a firmware upgrade available for the Sony drive.

Hi Detroit, Thanks i am so dumd on this thing it hurts LOL.:agree: After i posted i went to find more about my computer and i am learning how to work my computer by useuing this froum.:eek: And i found this in systems also.
Dell Dimension 8400
Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4cpu 3.40GHz
3.39 GHz 2.00GB of ram

Ooo me OO my LOL I don't how what any of it means.If i don't learn AnyDVD maybe i can learn to work my computer:clap:.Thanks again for Helping me.
Fivestones :bowdown:

Hi Detroit, Thanks i am so dumd on this thing it hurts LOL.:agree: After i posted i went to find more about my computer and i am learning how to work my computer by useuing this froum.:eek: And i found this in systems also.
Dell Dimension 8400
Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4cpu 3.40GHz
3.39 GHz 2.00GB of ram

Ooo me OO my LOL I don't how what any of it means.If i don't learn AnyDVD maybe i can learn to work my computer:clap:.Thanks again for Helping me.
Fivestones :bowdown:
I have a Dell too. An E310 with an Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz w/HT. Also 1GB of DDR2 RAM.

LOL I run Pc check up it told me to get the Philips one called Gd30 so now i have to go the other one. Ok i got it from your link ill save this place.Thanks Fivestones

Very bad idea to rip and burn a DVD movie "on the fly" (DVD original directly burned to DVD blank media, bypassing the HDD). It's iffy even if the original is in pristine condition ... Even if you had a 10Mb buffer on your burner. You will get errors and make coasters much of the time.

You are making backups with software that is designed to make backups. You are not duplicating disks. There is a timing factor to be considered here. Rip to your HDD first ... then burn.

Using the term "decrypting on the fly" (as AnyDVD does) is using the expression "on the fly" for a different reason in a different context.

Whisperer

Its always safer to copy to your hard drive first then burn but I have done many on the fly copys and never had a playback problem or error using CloneCd however if the disc has some scratches I wont do an on the fly copy, but I also always burn to a Verbatim +RW disc first and play it back to make sure that it plays fine and everything in the menu works fine.

Back