• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD does not like the SPDIF out option

E

europeman

If I select that option it locks up nobody what I play. If I play from a DVD player it locks, if I play from the Xbox HD DVD it locks. If I change to stereo if works fine.

Any ideas greatly appreciated
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa

Last edited by a moderator:
If I select that option it locks up nobody what I play. If I play from a DVD player it locks, if I play from the Xbox HD DVD it locks. If I change to stereo if works fine.

What OS? Vista 64bit?

i have a similar problem. (winxp)

ati2600 with hdmi adapter: i can change to spdif, but when i start playing it jumpes back to stereo :-(

on my other pc with spdif onboard there's no problem.

does anyone has an working ati+hdmi solution?

mine just works with my ATI 2600 on vista 32, although I use the output thru the HDMI and in Vista it has a different option for that under sound in control panel

I had some issues with PDVD and SPDIF when upgraded to the latest build. I since rolled back to 3104a.1 and also since the later versions don't support playing from hard drive.

check your sound card,you may have to disable sterio and enable surround before powerdvd spdif will output
:)

check your sound card,you may have to disable sterio and enable surround before powerdvd spdif will output
:)

On my Vista laptop, SPDIF is shown as an additional audio device (e.g. sound card). I never used it, but maybe you have to go Control Panel -> Audio, and select that device as default audio device for playback in Windows. Then PowerDVD, WMP and everything else will use it, so the sound will start going through it.

On my Vista laptop, SPDIF is shown as an additional audio device (e.g. sound card). I never used it, but maybe you have to go Control Panel -> Audio, and select that device as default audio device for playback in Windows. Then PowerDVD, WMP and everything else will use it, so the sound will start going through it.

on my pc i have to right click the sound logo on tool bar and click on playback devices,this allows me to pick which sound output on my sound card (realtek), with no movie playing on powerdvd i can then enable spdif.:)

I ran across this with a Lynx Studio AES16 sound card. My Revo 7.1 works fine. It is in the DirectSound drivers. Poor Audio Card Support. PowerDVD is really crippled from audio down-convert. SPDIF mixing is TERRIBLE (metallic tinty high pitch sounds). Stuttering on movies while Showtime plays them just fine, no playback from HD.

Back