• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't burn a data/music CD

Decka42

I have recently purchased the system below and today tried to burn a cd from an album I bought from ITunes store (so I can play it in the car) and using the ITunes app, it didn't work. Ok the songs are copy protected. So just to make sure that was the problem I tried to burn a data cd using both Roxio and Windoze software, still no joy! then I tried to format the disc, shock horror it didn't work either! Has anyone who has the system/drive had this problem????????????? Surely I should be able to burn a music/data CD!

CD: CD-R
Brand: Laser, Slimline, Premium Gold
Speed: 52x

Drive: F:
Model: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-851S ATA Device
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.00.6000.16386 (English), 11/2/2006 17:51:44, 67072 bytes

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071009-1548)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 2886MB used, 1439MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

Have you tried burning anything else to determine if the drive works. Matshita drives are infamous for problems.
Then there would be the copyright.

I have recently purchased the system below and today tried to burn a cd from an album I bought from ITunes store (so I can play it in the car) and using the ITunes app, it didn't work.

You need to use Itunes, as the songs you bought contain DRM.

So just to make sure that was the problem I tried to burn a data cd using both Roxio and Windoze software, still no joy

Of course not. At the very least you need to be creating an audio cd, but that won't work either, since the original files not in .wav format and also contain drm.

then I tried to format the disc

Another bad idea

Packet writing software is junk. Get it off of your system. Do not drag and drop files.

Surely I should be able to burn a music/data CD!

Your files are not normal .wav files. You need to use Itunes--or your need to remove the DRM (which may not be possible) and convert the files to .wav format.

CD: CD-R
Brand: Laser, Slimline, Premium Gold
Speed: 52x

Use Maxell Pro (these are Taiyo Yuden with a protective coating), Verbatim Datalife Plus, or Taiyo Yudens only

Don't use regular Maxell

Model: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-851S ATA Device

And as oldjoe noted Matshita are terrible drives.

Last edited:
Yes I have made several sports DVD's without any prob's. I should have mentioned the data Cd attempt was with PDF, Word, photo's that I had created (no copyright).
Thanks for the tip's and I'll see if things get better/easier.

Yes I have made several sports DVD's without any prob's. I should have mentioned the data Cd attempt was with PDF, Word, photo's that I had created (no copyright).
Thanks for the tip's and I'll see if things get better/easier.
Could Vista 32Bit 64Bit compatabillity of software be apart of the problem? http://www.dansdata.com/askdan00001.htm

Last edited:
Back