• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero Showtime 4 for hd-dvd and blu-ray playback ?

H8Red

Hi

Just wondering if somebody have tried this software on their Vista machine, with, lets say an Ati HD2600xt ?

Does it work at all, hardware acc ?? Does it play rips from harddrive ?

Maybe the best thing would be to wait for arcsoft.. dunno.. what do you think ?

Right now I´m stuck at 3319a, generally it works fine, but not all disks rip to work.

it does play back from the harddrive on vista 32 with a 2600, can't verify if it uses hardware acceleration, but you still need to buy the extra plugin to get it to play Blu-ray, and it won't play back BD+ from the hardrive

I tried it. Video was fine, however using SPDIF the center channel was directed to my front right speaker. So it's unusable for me. I have a M-Audio Revo 7.1 sound card.

Hi

Just wondering if somebody have tried this software on their Vista machine, with, lets say an Ati HD2600xt ?

Does it work at all, hardware acc ?? Does it play rips from harddrive ?

Maybe the best thing would be to wait for arcsoft.. dunno.. what do you think ?

Right now I´m stuck at 3319a, generally it works fine, but not all disks rip to work.

I've been plugging Nero software for almost 2 months now. Works find for me on both RealTek and Sound Blaster X-Fi cards. Most audio cards have a setup where you can change your speaker output. You could swap the left and center front channels.

I updated to 8.2 (or whatever the latest version is), and it won't show the menus in PoTC 2 or 3. Haven't tried anything else.

I tried it, and paid for the BD/HD pack, and on my E6700 w/4Gb in XP32 (runs PowerDVD 3319 fine) it won't chapter skip properly, and it appears they removed HD-DVD ISO making between Nero 7 ImgBurn and Nero 8 ImgBurn.

They do open files from the HDD nicely, much like PowerDVD 3319a does.

BTW-8800Ultra w/PureVideo installed.

One of the reasons I push Nero so hard is because they are on record (in press releases) as favouring compliance, not enforcement, to copy/protection regulations and protections.
They pay their fees and dues, and create compatable software. PowerCrapper aside, which is just an arm of the industry, other players like ShowTime, BS, and HiPlayer, all will have problems here and there with BluRay across some discs. Updates and the HD plugin should fix most problems, but the issue is the format, not the software.
BluRay, the standard, is a flaw, in line with what Rusty said. AnyDVD ripper should fix most of the BR problems for you, if you rip to your hdd. There are some titles that will just cause problems with anything other than PowerCrapper and new home players. :mad:

All right I decided to give it a go, I bought the blu-ray hd-dvd plugin.
It opens the movie fine on harddrive, but the warning, that the players firmware is out of date. Requires to respond with a mouse click to continue.
And I can´t ... why
Also tried pressing about every key on my keyboard, yet the player wont go past the warning.

Also, can you reset the players region code back to 5 changes allowed.

are you trying to play BD+ from the harddrive? if so they don't work in Showtime. And at the moment I don't think anyone has got round the 5 region changes yet

are you trying to play BD+ from the harddrive? if so they don't work in Showtime. And at the moment I don't think anyone has got round the 5 region changes yet

Arrgh darn it, you are right it is in fact a bd+ title.
This is isolated to the Showtime Player right, since I can press continue in the Powerdvd player. It crashes though ...

if it comes up with the same window in Powerdvd then it's not going to work anyway. If you've ripped it properly it shouldn't give you the Fox message about updating when you play it in Powerdvd

if it comes up with the same window in Powerdvd then it's not going to work anyway. If you've ripped it properly it shouldn't give you the Fox message about updating when you play it in Powerdvd

Ripped it proberly you say, well all standard settings, with it set to remove the region code A.
Is there anything else that need to be set, in order to rip proberly ?
Still a newbie in all this.
Thanks

Thats becuase it is blu-ray. Sony is the devil.

OMG, ROFLMAO! Your burning wit is killing me! /sarcasm :rolleyes:

This has nothing to do with Sony or Disney. Both titles work fine in PDVD, so it's definitely a Showtime issue.

Last edited:
Back