• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error making backup of "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" DVD game

catscanman

While attempting to make backup copy of "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" DVD game, I find that two files in chapter, VTS_15_0.BUP and VTS_15_0 (an IFO file) on the original disk are 18,432 bytes while they end up being 20,480 bytes once CloneCD had duplicated them. The end result is that the cloned DVD does not advance into the game from the 'select classmate' portion. I suspect that this difference of file size is keeping the game from running.

Had anyone else seen this? Is there a workaround? thanks for any help.

While attempting to make backup copy of "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" DVD game, I find that two files in chapter, VTS_15_0.BUP and VTS_15_0 (an IFO file) on the original disk are 18,432 bytes while they end up being 20,480 bytes once CloneCD had duplicated them. The end result is that the cloned DVD does not advance into the game from the 'select classmate' portion. I suspect that this difference of file size is keeping the game from running.

You may require Anydvd (6.2.0.2) running in the background when you produce that backup.

Yes, I own the original retail disc. I am running Anydvd 6.2.0.1 which is the latest version available on SlySoft website, http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html .
Can you tell me where to obtain 6.2.0.2 ?? thanks for the response.
By the way, CloneDVD (I run latest version 2.9.1.2) only copies a portion of the files, not all of them.

Yes, I own the original retail disc. I am running Anydvd 6.2.0.1 which is the latest version available on SlySoft website, http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html .
Can you tell me where to obtain 6.2.0.2 ?? thanks for the response.
By the way, CloneDVD (I run latest version 2.9.1.2) only copies a portion of the files, not all of them.

You are responding to my signature, which shows whenever I posted.

Anyway, Anydvd 6.2.0.2 is here: click
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10074

Use this method to produce your backup:click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

Do not use Clonedvd. I suspect parts of this game are a PC game.

Last edited:

Posting the AnyDVD_Info file would probably enable me to help you.

Still No Joy

I still have the same problem as Catscanman after using Webslinger's method.
Thanks in advance for any Help.

I still have the same problem as Catscanman after using Webslinger's method.
Thanks in advance for any Help.

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.2: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=11040

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

3. Is this a PC game? If so, I need these questions answered: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9352

Info file?

I can not find a saved "AnyDVD_Info file "anyware.
Can you till me were to look?

Thanks , I posted befor seeing your reply.
I well enable logging and do it again.
This disc is a game that plays in a regular DVD player.

Thanks , I posted befor seeing your reply.
I well enable logging and do it again.
This disc is a game that plays in a regular DVD player.

Ok, and you used Verbatim +R DL, changed the booktype to "dvd-rom", etc., as per my instructions, right?

What is the exact problem you were having?

The same as catscanman's?

This looks like an Anydvd issue to me then. I'm going to move this thread to the Anydvd forum.

Last edited:
@catscanman

Maybe change the AI Scanner to 'Deep Scan'? A log file will help too :)

Changed the AI Scanner to 'Deep Scan'.
Here is the log file.
I'm getting a large collection of coasters.
Black screen when game is to start after intro. and setup.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_AreYouSmarterThen5G_DES.zip
    466.4 KB · Views: 3
You don't need to keep burning the DVDs to check them. Either use a software player or use RWs. My suggestion to change the AI Scanner settings to Deep Scan was to see if it helped the problem. When you create a log, AnyDVD automatically changes to Deep Scan for that purpose.

Here is the log file.

Update to 6.3.0.3 please and reupload the .zip

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.3

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Last edited:
Here is the log file.

Can you try to disable the AI Scanner?

Back