• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Guardian

pep33

There seems to be a new copyright protection on two movies I try to copy. One is the Guardian the other is Talladega nights. When I put the disk in my reader it won't read the original movie. I contacted the manufacturer of my dvd reader writer (NEC) and they told me that it was a software problem and some movies contain software to try to write to the drive.Is there a way around this.I have used this dvd reader writer for a wile with no problems.

There seems to be a new copyright protection on two movies I try to copy. One is the Guardian the other is Talladega nights. When I put the disk in my reader it won't read the original movie. I contacted the manufacturer of my dvd reader writer (NEC) and they told me that it was a software problem and some movies contain software to try to write to the drive.Is there a way around this.I have used this dvd reader writer for a wile with no problems.
Other people were able to copy these movies, this is not new protection.

I have "backed up" both of those movies. I use AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for everything I back up and have only found one maybe two movies I could not "back up". Great software

Those two movies should not be a problem for even the simplest software.:confused:

I think a lot of these problems may stem from the inability of the DVD writer to properly "read" the disk. I have two burners in my PC. One is an LG that can read anything and has never been stumped yet (touch wood) and the other is a Philips that on rare occasion will get finnicky and wont read a disc. No rhyme or reason either. No problems backing up the Guardian but an old movie like Cider House Rules could not be backed up with the Philips.....only the LG writer.

You can also use the most recent anydvd and the most recent nero recode which works wonders. But I had no problem with either movie

Burned through the Guardian with AnyDvd and CloneDvd :bowdown: both latest versions, 6114 and whatever CloneDvd is (to lazy to look up version) and it was slicker than snot. :clap:

I have backed up both movies and never had any problems using anydvd and clonedvd2. 8)

Freezing up ? The Guardian ?? Anyone else

Its seems to copy with no errors , but when i playback in both xbox360 and a standalone dvd player, i get about 1 hr and 30min into it and get freezing ??
i have the newest ver of both anydvd and clonedvd ? please help

Thanks

Its seems to copy with no errors , but when i playback in both xbox360 and a standalone dvd player, i get about 1 hr and 30min into it and get freezing ??
i have the newest ver of both anydvd and clonedvd ? please help

Read http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 please (especially the first 3 steps)

1. Update your burner's firmware
2. Choose good quality blank media
3. If you're using +r media, ensure the booktype is set to dvd-rom
4. Try a lower burn speed
5. If necessary, use a custom size of 4300 in Clonedvd (this shouldn't be necessary if you're using good quality blank media)

RE: Freezing up ? The Guardian ?? Anyone else

I have Ridata +R DL 8X disc which have worked great for me. Thanks for the fast response to my post..great forum!

any more information is appreciated!

I have Ridata +R DL 8X disc which have worked great for me.

Unfortunately, these are horrid. Use Verbatim +R DL only (made in Singapore).
You obviously, wouldn't use a custom size of 4300 with +R DL media.
You do need to change the booktype to dvd-rom still however.

And I generally prefer using this method with +R DL discs:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

But Clonedvd2 should work as well.

The biggest issue there is Ridata is brutal.

Tommybklyn,

Through out this Forum it has been stated that at this time/date the only DL Media that consistently produces quality error free results is Verbatim DL MKM001/MKM003 Mitsubishi Kagaku Media.

Regards,
Coaster

RE: Freezing up ? The Guardian ?? Anyone else

I will change my media for sure. But how do i change the boktype to dvd-rom ??

Thank you very much for the fast response!

Back