• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Adult Problem Title

lostinlodos

Ratatouille fixed, great; but....
Now I have one disc that has some wierd protections. For a long time it wouldn't even show up in the computer drives, with or without AnyDVD. Then 6.3.0.1 solved the problem and it briefly worked. Downloaded 6.3.0.2, Ratatouille fixed, other adult titles seem fixed, now this one doesn't work again. :(
Title ******* chicks 7 and Oops I **********
I know that's not helpful but .... where should I post problem issues of this sort?

Now I have one disc that has some wierd protections. For a long time it wouldn't even show up in the computer drives, with or without AnyDVD. Then 6.3.0.1 solved the problem and it briefly worked. Downloaded 6.3.0.2, Ratatouille fixed, other adult titles seem fixed, now this one doesn't work again. :(
I know that's not helpful but .... where should I post problem issues of this sort?

If your computer can't even see the disc with Anydvd uninstalled, then it's not an Anydvd issue.

The difference in version numbers of Anydvd is likely coincidental. Try cleaning the disc.

I can just imagine James saying that without knowing the full title of the movies he can't order them on Amazon :D

I Humbly disagree; it is very much a form of protection and I've come across the issue on non-adult discs as well, many years ago. It's called an off-set start mastering protection. I realise it's a rare, and old protection, but it was nice, for whatever reason, that it finally worked on the PC. I used to use a dual disc DVD-R/VHS home player unit to copy them, but that unit died and is no longer available. Since then I've aquired five more titles that have that form of protection on them, two as listed.
What ever it was that was changed for the last version, and dumped in the current rendition, is what was finally able to bypass that issue. I reverted and was able to backup these last two discs.

I Humbly disagree; it is very much a form of protection and I've come across the issue on non-adult discs as well, many years ago. It's called an off-set start mastering protection. I realise it's a rare, and old protection, but it was nice, for whatever reason, that it finally worked on the PC. I used to use a dual disc DVD-R/VHS home player unit to copy them, but that unit died and is no longer available. Since then I've aquired five more titles that have that form of protection on them, two as listed.
What ever it was that was changed for the last version, and dumped in the current rendition, is what was finally able to bypass that issue. I reverted and was able to backup these last two discs.

How about trying this:

1. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

I reverted and was able to backup these last two discs.

So you're saying 6.3.0.1 can backup all of these discs (consistently--and it's not just a case where your drive can sometimes read them if you're lucky) and 6.3.0.2 can't?

If that is what you're saying, please install 6.3.0.1, and please follow the instructions Charlie posted.

I think AnyDvd doesn't work with Adult Films because it doesn't want to obtain a disease or something.Like STD's. Just Kidding Around. Try the latest beta.You never know it might work.

lostinlodos

I will back you up on this one. Little over a year ago I came in to possession of titles like the ones you are talking about. I use a hardware solution on my computer to play dvds (Hollywood plus decoder card). With Any dvd on it would come up as no disc. I would turn off anydvd and after restarting the decoder card the movie would show up. Still today if I put some of them in my computer I have to turn off any dvd because it will either show no disc or my favorite it will off centers the picture.

Funny thing is I made copies of a couple of them using dvd shrink, full backups. I never noticed till some time later that when playing on my computer not all the areas of the dvd were accessible. It was not untill they were put into a normal dvd player. That I was able to say. "That's new, never saw them do that before. I wonder what else is on this disc." Hey, I felt like Christopher Columbus, all excited over discovering something that was never lost.

With Any dvd on it would come up as no disc. I would turn off anydvd and after restarting the decoder card the movie would show up.

lostinlodos' (adult) discs aren't showing up in his system with or without anydvd enabled (with one exception--Anydvd 6.3.0.1). For some reason anydvd 6.3.0.1 enabled allows his system to read the discs--but only 6.3.0.1 (or so that's the claim). Consequently, based on what you've written, I see no reason to believe that your issue is related.

If discs can only be read by a computer with Anydvd disabled then Anydvd isn't running properly on that system.

Last edited:

Possibly reverting back to 6.3.0.1 and posting the log might be useful to James? Since you can't see the disc with 6.3.0.2 beta then you can't, obviously, post a log from it.

I think AnyDvd doesn't work with Adult Films because it doesn't want to obtain a disease or something.Like STD's. Just Kidding Around. Try the latest beta.You never know it might work.

I won't be back to where I store my discs until after the winter season; so I'll post a log at the start of the month for you.
It's funny, Windows and AnyDVD both didn't see the disc on the latest AnyDVDHD version, only the last revision, however ImgBurn and Nero both say that there is a complete, full disc in the drive, AnyDVDHD on or off! Better yet, ISOBuster with IBMod can recover 99.8% of the disc by reading backwards, outer rim to inner, and stalls at the off-set.
From what I can see (my system stutters on bad disc reads, forcing me to hard-eject the disc to recover), there seems to be a single, two byte file in the inner ring, separated by blank space on both sides before the primary start of the disc data.
If I remember, there is some sort of video game protection or computer software protection that had the same type of protection as well (the wonders of google :D), but none of what I read exactly describes that.

I just wanted to mention that I brought this problem to this forum attention like six month ago.. some adult DVD were acting funny with Anydvd & Anydvd would not read them & cloneDVD2, Fab & Nero would spit out countless errors.

adult titles like...
Right tool for the job
Sappho 68
and Pink Clam
just to name a few...

I also have a problem with a certain standalone DVD burner that once you burn a dvd on the standalone DVD it could not be read by anydvd & it would crash as soon as anydvd detected it... But since then (I'm happy to declare) from out of the blue... Slysoft FINALLY Fixed it & now ANYDVD does not crash anymore. yea yea.. & some Golf claps

Lots of uncessery problems/hassles to encounter when your trying to get some help here some times. not all the time but some times.

By the way some adult titles like the ones that come from excalibur company, I have really bad flaws on them. not to mention all of excalibur DVD have purple sides cheap DVD copies & back up-off a computer burner or worse maybe an outdated standalone DVD burner.

Back