• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

copy protection discussion

plato

No, it isn't.

I am not able to understand those guys from the film industry who are dissipating so much money for new copy protection. It is an unwritten law that every copy protection can be cracked and investing so much money won't make DVD's cheaper for the customers! :mad:

I am not able to understand those guys from the film industry who are dissipating so much money for new copy protection. It is an unwritten law that every copy protection can be cracked and investing so much money won't make DVD's cheaper for the customers! :mad:

Let me add that I bought a new title yesterday and the thing skipped and stopped playing to now the backup was flawless of course without these issues. Then they wonder why people want to do this....well the backup is more playable than the original I feel.

I am not sure what you are saying. The new Czech protection is *not* fixed.
Please keep this thread on topic. Thank you.

EDIT: Feel free to make political statements about the usefulness of copy protections in another thread. This is a thread for development feedback , I don't want it to be filled up with small talk.

Last edited:
Let me add that I bought a new title yesterday and the thing skipped and stopped playing to now the backup was flawless of course without these issues. Then they wonder why people want to do this....well the backup is more playable than the original I feel.

In some way they are right, because there are people who are copying the original in order to sell the copies to make money. And if studios investing 140 million $ for a movie ("Miami Vice") they do have some reason to protect their products.
But this can be no reason to punish their costumers who buy the original DVD but can not watch it due to the player has problems with the copy protection.

In some way they are right, because there are people who are copying the original in order to sell the copies to make money. And if studios investing 140 million $ for a movie ("Miami Vice") they do have some reason to protect their products.
But this can be no reason to punish their costumers who buy the original DVD but can not watch it due to the player has problems with the copy protection.

Strike. Please do not post off topic.

EDIT: Feel free to make political statements about the usefulness of copy protections in another thread. This is a thread for development feedback , I don't want it to be filled up with small talk.

Sorry about that James. Thanks again for the update.

Of course. I appreciate your work and I want to apologise for spamming your thread.

I have also understood that the Czech protection has not been cracked so far, but I am very sure this will happen in the next time.

Last edited:
I personally think that it is just a question of time until there will be no more new DVD copy protection since BluRay and HD will replace the DVD.
But this will also mean that we will have to purchase one of the new medium because more and more movies will not be released on DVD.
This will also be a problem due to the fact that movies are released either on BluRay or HD depending on the studio. If I have a BluRay player I will not be able to watch HD.

Last edited:
Yes this is how they continue to make money they release a new format and people upgrade their collection but at least this time we can playback our SD's on these players.

They keep making money, Slysoft keeps making money: it's all about making money!

P.S. No, I haven't just come to such conclusion :D

They keep making money, Slysoft keeps making money: it's all about making money!

P.S. No, I haven't just come to such conclusion :D

For sure ;)

What I wanted to say is that customers should better use their power and not buying every product on the market. It would be also nice if Microsoft goes down the tube because of some serious facts:
DirectX 10 is solely released for Windows Vista, what is seriously concerning gamers
They turn a deaf ear to costumers demanding more users privacy
etc.

About making money

It's not that simple although it may appear that way.

Where would we be if not for innovation?

And if innovation addresses a need and offers good price/performance why not make money with it? ;)

It's not that simple although it may appear that way.

Where would we be if not for innovation?

And if innovation addresses a need and offers good price/performance why not make money with it? ;)

I agree with you. But there must always be a good protection of privacy. Microsoft is obviously not interested in this.

For sure ;)

DirectX 10 is solely released for Windows Vista, what is seriously concerning gamers
[/B]

Bzzzzt! DX-10 Cannot be ported to XP - Vista uses an entirely different graphics engine than any previous version of Windows. Search on a post I made about a year ago quoting a game dev that I know.

-W

Bzzzzt! DX-10 Cannot be ported to XP - Vista uses an entirely different graphics engine than any previous version of Windows. Search on a post I made about a year ago quoting a game dev that I know.

-W

Impossible is nothing. Look at James and AnyDVD: There is no copy protection that makes it impossible to create a backup of any DVD.;)

There is at least one project I know of that's working to get DX10 running on XP, however, it will be done through emulation. While DX10 may run, there will be zero hardware acceleration; it will all have to go through the CPU, so it will probably not run very efficiently.

But you know, it's better than having to run Vista. :D

There is at least one project I know of that's working to get DX10 running on XP, however, it will be done through emulation. While DX10 may run, there will be zero hardware acceleration; it will all have to go through the CPU, so it will probably not run very efficiently.

But you know, it's better than having to run Vista. :D

And that is exactly the point: it is an inofficial project and the program will not be released by Microsoft. My Windows XP is original and I payed a lot of money for it, so Microsoft could provide DX10 as an update for Windows XP users.
Although I do not want to swear for religious reasons I state that I will never buy Vista!

That's true, I bought a DVD for a family member as a present and had to return it because it skipped. They didn't have any from a new shipment and the competing retailer wouldn't tell me if they've had theirs returned (even though the DVD was recalled by the publisher) - making getting a working copy very difficuilt indeed!
It would be also nice if Microsoft goes down the tube because of some serious facts:
They turn a deaf ear to costumers demanding more users privacy
etc.
[OFFTOPIC]Why don't you produce you're own competing DX10-clone product then? It wouldn't be that hard, after all - all the features of DX10 are documented for you to reproduce with your own code![/OFFTOPIC]

Last edited:
Why don't you produce you're own competing DX10-clone product then? It wouldn't be that hard, after all - all the features of DX10 are documented for you to reproduce with your own code!

I am not a programmer. ;)

But you seem to ignore the most important fact:
The discussion is about DX10 not being offered officially by Microsoft for Windows XP!

Because it CAN'T be.... like the man said... that 3rd party DX10 emulator puts everything through the CPU..... therefore rendering a gaming machine useless at rendering at any speed meaningful for gaming with. Get it now?

The real problem is the games that *won't* support DX-9c - and that IS on purpose.

-W

Last edited:
Back