• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

pi/po testing

plato

I am a bit confused now...
If I use Nero CD-DVD Speed scanning for example "Romeo Must Die" there is the following situation:
If I select "C1/C2 - P1/PO Test" with the maximum speed there are found few damaged and also some bad sectors.
If I use a lower speed for example 6x there are found no damaged and bad sectors.

I burned the disc with CloneDVD 2 without using the speed-control AnyDVD is offering so the maximum speed was used for creating the image.

If I scan the copy with "C1/C2 - P1/PO Test" and maximum speed there are found damaged and bad sectors.
If I scan the copy with a lower speed there is not found anything.

Question: Does this mean that using a high speed (due to AnyDVD speed control was disabled) CloneDVD 2 produced bad sectors on the copy?

Question: Does this mean that using a high speed (due to AnyDVD speed control was disabled) CloneDVD 2 produced bad sectors on the copy?

No, but it may produce read errors during the reading process.

... and it will also have consequences for the copy?

I don't see how you can produce one with Clonedvd if you're getting read errors. Clonedvd will give you an error message and stop.

So no, for you, I don't see how it would affect the copy. You simply won't have one.

I don't see how you can produce one with Clonedvd if you're getting read errors. Clonedvd will give you an error message and stop.

So no, for you, I don't see how it would affect the copy. You simply won't have one.

If I scan the copy with "C1/C2 - P1/PO Test" and maximum speed there are found damaged and bad sectors.

My two sentences right at the beginning were concerning the copy so I was wondering how this would be possible.

But thank you for the information which I did not know (CloneDVD would show an error message).

Last edited:

If you play your backup it's not being read at "max speed", so no that doesn't "have consequences for the copy".

so I was wondering how this would be possible.

It's possible because some drives may be unreliable as readers at higher speeds (they simply may produce read errors).

By the way, some drives are also relatively useless for doing pi/po testing (the results are not trustworthy).

Last edited:
If you play your backup it's not being read at "max speed", so no that doesn't "have consequences for the copy".

You mean if I watch the movie with the drive at the PC?

I also thought that CloneDVD would use the highest speed reading the DVD and because the drive seems to produce errors reading at a high speed I thought the drive would burn bad sectors due to reading false from the original DVD.

You mean if I watch the movie with the drive at the PC?

Playing from anything--not just the PC

I also thought that CloneDVD would use the highest speed reading the DVD

It may. You can inhibit this using Anydvd's speed control feature, possibly (depending on the drive).

and because the drive seems to produce errors reading at a high speed I thought the drive would burn bad sectors due to reading false from the original DVD.

No. Clonedvd will give you errors. You won't be able to produce a backup. Period.

Thank you for your explanations.
(I have to excuse myself but I am a complete layman concerning hardware... :eek:)

Back