• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to backup classic dr who

tonyt

Unable to backup classic dr who or simpsons movie

I find when i backup my classic Dr Who dvd's as iso or vob to hard drive they stutter and display grey flashes (blank frames?) at the places where special effects should probably be inserted

Have tried using clonedvd with both anydvd and dvddecryptor (iso ripped by this plays perfectly) but every combination of settings and/or type of copying results in this fault

It seems clonedvd doesn't insert the special effects

Am only having problems with classic dr who dvd's. All other dvd's i've backed up have been fine

Was wondering if anyone has any suggestions please?

Last edited:
Just did a backup of the simpsons movie and i'm getting exactly the same thing at one point in the movie. It's where they put a band across the bottom of the screen advertising a fox tv show as homer carries a hod of bricks and gets shot at by bart

Was beginning to think it might be the dvd player in the PC but when i play the disc in the same dvd player it plays perfectly (so not the dvd either)

Not sure what to do now!

Any thoughts please?

Thanks

Have found a solution. Just tried dvdshrink instead (without any compression) and it's handled the sample problem discs fine (after using dvddecrypter to create an iso copy with all protection removed)

Will have to test a few more, but if it's all ok then i'll have to re-backup all my dw dvd's using this then, what a pain

Have found a solution. Just tried dvdshrink instead (without any compression) and it's handled the sample problem discs fine (after using dvddecrypter to create an iso copy with all protection removed)

Will have to test a few more, but if it's all ok then i'll have to re-backup all my dw dvd's using this then, what a pain

Sending an AnyDVD_Info file would have helped...

Sending an AnyDVD_Info file would have helped...

Happy to send one if it helps. Though the problem isn't with anydvd, it's with clonedvd2. Does this have a logging mode?

Though the problem isn't with anydvd, it's with clonedvd2.

Highly unlikely

And yes, Clonedvd does have a log. But the Anydvd log would be more useful, I think:

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Have attached an anydvd log. This was a backup of episode 4 of "destiny of the daleks" region 2 (problems are no different to backing up all the episodes at once)

The reason i pointed my suspicions at clonedvd rather than anydvd is that i've tested both clonedvd & dvdsrhink doing the same backup using both anydvd with the original dvd and a mounted iso image of the full dvd created using dvddecrypter. clonedvd produced the same problems using both sources but dvdshrink worked with both (well dvdshrink is 99% ok, a couple of very slight stutters in this episode)

Thanks
Tony

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_BBCDVD2434.zip
    99.7 KB · Views: 2
Have attached an anydvd log. This was a backup of episode 4 of "destiny of the daleks" region 2 (problems are no different to backing up all the episodes at once)

The reason i pointed my suspicions at clonedvd rather than anydvd is that i've tested both clonedvd & dvdsrhink doing the same backup using both anydvd with the original dvd and a mounted iso image of the full dvd created using dvddecrypter. clonedvd produced the same problems using both sources but dvdshrink worked with both (well dvdshrink is 99% ok, a couple of very slight stutters in this episode)

Thanks
Tony

I mean't to add that all my tests were run without any compression, in case that might be relevant

Thanks
Tony

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.1: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10591

2. Then please reupload the .zip

3. Also, rip with Anydvd ripper (right click red fox icon on toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to harddisk")

Does the rip play fine?

4. Now rip video files to hard disk using Clonedvd (not iso).

Does the rip play fine?

Last edited:
1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.0.1: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10591

2. Then please reupload the .zip

3. Also, rip with Anydvd ripper (right click red fox icon on toolbar-->select "rip video-dvd to harddisk")

Does the rip play fine?

4. Now rip video files to hard disk using Clonedvd (not iso).

Does the rip play fine?

1 & 2. File attached. I mounted this ISO of the episode and it has all the same issues

3 & 4. same problems as before (the anydvd rip seemed the worst as at the problem points, although the blank frames were less obvious, the picture kept jumping back a fair few frames)

I should say that although the above tests were carried out on 1 system, previous tests were also carried out on completely different hardware but had the exact same issues

Regards
Tony

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_BBCDVD2434.zip
    99.7 KB · Views: 4
Can you please try to disable removal of "copy protections based on bad sectors"?
Does this help?
Forget this. I believe the "grey flashes" are caused by leaving out the second angle. Make sure to select all angles in CloneDVD, if you copy movie only.

Forget this. I believe the "grey flashes" are caused by leaving out the second angle. Make sure to select all angles in CloneDVD, if you copy movie only.

He claims the rip from Anydvd ripper is the worst problem.

Thanks will give it a try this evening, to see what happens and report back

However, i assume this means that the resultant rip (as it would be multi angle) wouldnt actually merge the angles? This would mean my ultimate goal of streaming the vobs to my network dvd player would still fail (even if my pc player plays it fine) as I would be 1st streaming angle 1 then angle 2? or do i misunderstand how it works please? Thanks Tony

Back