• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

'Source Data too Large' error

madisonthunderstorm

This problem just started today (using current versions of AnyDVD & CloneDVD): After ripping a DVD using AnyDVD, I go to CloneDVD2 and click on 'CloneDVD'. I noticed that the Quality is suddenly always at the 100% level, in the green (instead of being in the middle and then I would uncheck boxes to increase the quality).

Once it is done creating the DVD files, right before beginning to write the files, I get a pop-up that reads: "This writer is not capable of writing the source data as requested. To write these DVD files please use the 'Copy DVD Titles' or 'Clone DVD' option from the start screen."

When clicking on 'Details' on the error message it reads: "WriteDVD 14 W2"

I am using the 'Clone DVD' option from the start screen. As I said, this problem just appeared out of nowhere today.

Select "dvd-5" near the quality bar in Clonedvd if you're using regular single layer discs.

I'm having the same problem. I thought it was because this is the first movie I've copied that goes 2 hrs 18 mins in length and the DVD+RW I was using wasn't large enough. But it's supposedly a 6 hr DVD. I can adjust the burn time (16X for DVD+RW on my HP external burner) but do I have any control over the recording time; 1/2/4/ or 6 hrs according to the DVD label?

I just made the same "select dvd-5" adjustment. What does dvd-5 refer to?

do I have any control over the recording time

no

And length doesn't matter so much as the amount of data space used.

I just made the same "select dvd-5" adjustment. What does dvd-5 refer to?

dvd-5 refers to regular single layer discs.

Selecting "dvd-5" should fix your issue.

Yesterday I began having the exact same problem as madisonthunderstorm with the exact same messages and codes (source data too large; write DVD 14 WS). I have, and have always, chosen DVD -5 in the quality drop-down box and always select Clone DVD from the start page. Of the two DVDs I am attempting to backup one continually fails; the other actually made a backup but would not make another when I inserted a second blank DVD; nor would it make a second backup from the origional disk. Furthermore, attempts to back up the successfull copy failed for the same reason as the others (even though the source data was obviously not too large, coming from a Clone DVD backup. I'm frustrated and lost. Help!

I just downloaded the newest version of AnyDVD (ver 6634) without improvement.

Yesterday I began having the exact same problem as madisonthunderstorm with the exact same messages and codes (source data too large; write DVD 14 WS). I have, and have always, chosen DVD -5 in the quality drop-down box and always select Clone DVD from the start page. Of the two DVDs I am attempting to backup one continually fails; the other actually made a backup but would not make another when I inserted a second blank DVD; nor would it make a second backup from the origional disk. Furthermore, attempts to back up the successfull copy failed for the same reason as the others (even though the source data was obviously not too large, coming from a Clone DVD backup. I'm frustrated and lost. Help!

The only thing I can think of is either a CloneDVD update didn't install correctly, some other software is interfering, and/or you may have some defective originals. Keep your Key in a safe place, uninstall CloneDVD, reboot, download CloneDVD 2.9.2.7, install and reboot. If that doesn't work, please post an AnyDVD log.

How to post an Anydvd .zip log file:
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "OK".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f).
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread).
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums).
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) Click "Upload".
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

same problem

trying to backup pirate radio I have ben makeing backup and have not a problem until this one -- I am upto date on all program -- I have a back up computer will try making a backup on it -- I thinks this is a new code to stop backing up disk . :bang:

trying to backup pirate radio I have ben makeing backup and have not a problem until this one -- I am upto date on all program -- I have a back up computer will try making a backup on it -- I thinks this is a new code to stop backing up disk . :bang:

Please post a log file.
This way someone can help you with your problem.:agree:
CloneDVD2 2927 and AnyDvd 6634 have no problems with this title!
Just did a full backup.:D

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.3.4_Info_G_PIRATE_RADIO.zip
    139.4 KB · Views: 1
This thread has been fixed in the AnyDVD section.

Back