• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copy DVD Fails

Jim B.

Hi -

I have AnyDVD and CloneDVD latest versions. I'm running XP, 3Ghz CPU, 2Gb RAM and over 89GB available space on my "C" drive.

My understanding is that CloneDVD can compress at least some DL original DVDs and copy them to a single layer DVD-R (Taiyo-Yuden). When I attempt to do this, everything seems to go as it should until the last step where I receive an audible "Oh no" and the process stops. There is an error message that says "C:\Documents and Settings\J. M. Bryant\Start Menu\Programs\eraser\PAL\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO 3 TCE" cannot be found.

When I go to Windows Explorer and check, that file is not there. The implication is that, if that file were in place, things would have proceeded. What is supposed to generate that file? AnyDVD scans the original (apparently successfully) prior to running CloneDVD.

Any suggestions or corrections appreciated.

Jim B.

Hi Again -

Well, what to say. First, I never deleted or otherwise removed the "Eraser" folder. Before I posted my first message, I had re-installed CloneDVD from my original download but it didn't restore the Eraser folder.

After your reply, I downloaded a new copy of CloneDVD, un-installed the existing program, cleared any reference to CloneDVD from the registry and did a complete fresh install. Rebooted the computer but still no "Eraser" folder in the "File 0 C:\Documents and Settings\J. M. Bryant\Start Menu\Programs\eraser\PAL\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO 3 TCE" path.

According to the Log, prior to the failure to find the above file, it says, "Processing started" and gives a time, then next it says, "Successfully removed layer break" along with a time and the the final Log message says, "Processing stopped C:\Documents and Settings\J. M. Bryant\Start Menu\Programs\eraser\PAL\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO 3 TCE".

Clearly it needs the Eraser folder but I don't see how to get the folder in place since multiple re-installation attempts have not done the job.

I also did a complete search, including hidden files and folders to see if by chance it got stuck somewhere else but no luck.

Any other good ideas?

Thanks,

Jim B.

Copy DVD Fails Followup

Hi -

After looking at the detail of your answer, I had a hunch and checked and I find in "C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD\Eraser\" etc.

So, the Eraser folder is in the Elaborate Bytes folder but why is it not showing up in the "File 0 C:\Documents and Settings\J. M. Bryant\Start Menu\Programs\eraser\PAL\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO 3 TCE" or perhaps the question should be, "why is it looking in the File 0 C:\Documents and Settings\J. M. Bryant\Start Menu\Programs\eraser\PAL\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO 3 TCE" folder in the first place??

How do I get it to look in the right place?

Thanks,

Jim B.

Copy DVD Fails Followup to the Followup

Hi -

Well, I've got the problem worked out. Don't know if it's the right solution or not but it works.

Since the program wanted to look in the C:\Documents and Settings path and the Eraser folder is in the C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD folder where the program is not looking, I decided to simply use Windows Explorer to copy/paste the Eraser folder over into the C:\Documents and Settings path --- and it worked.

That still begs the question as to why either the installer doesn't place the Eraser folder in the C:\Documents and Settings path or why doesn't the program want to look in the C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneDVD path.

Thanks for listening,

Jim B.

Unless you're using a crack (and I'm not saying you are), I have absolutely no idea why anything like that would happen (but then again, I'm not a developer, and I don't work for Elaborate Bytes nor Slysoft, for that matter).

Crack?

Hi -

Just for the record, I don't know what a "CracK" operation(?) is. My total procedure was to scan with AnyDVD then run CloneDVD

Jim B.

Hi -

Just for the record, I don't know what a "CracK" operation(?) is. My total procedure was to scan with AnyDVD then run CloneDVD

Jim B.

This means you didn't actually purchase the product(s).

Back