• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pc Shuts Down

Owen

I switched form Norton to PC-cillin. When I put in any CD or DVD disc, my PC shuts down. I tried safe-mode, but I still have the problem. Any suggestions.
Thank you, Owen

I switched form Norton to PC-cillin. When I put in any CD or DVD disc, my PC shuts down. I tried safe-mode, but I still have the problem. Any suggestions.
Thank you, Owen

Is PC-cillin an internet security program?

That was my guess too. Just a bit shaky about doing it. I'll let you know if it works. Dinner now. Thanks.

You can try as Charlie suggested. I haven't been around any Trend Micro softwares for quite some time but there should be a way to allow AnyDVD to start...if in fact PCcillin is the problem. The PC should not shut down when a CD or DVD is inserted because of an Internet Security suite.
My first thought would be to disable PCcillin from starting on boot.....reboot.... insert a disc.

I'm thinking the same to be honest but went with what would be said about Norton or Zone Alarm for the moment. AIO protection shouldn't cause a reboot personally though unless the AIO is too much for the PC?

I'm thinking the same to be honest but went with what would be said about Norton or Zone Alarm for the moment. AIO protection shouldn't cause a reboot personally though unless the AIO is too much for the PC?

The AIO would already be loaded before the insertion of a disc so that should not cause any excessive demand on the CPU or RAM.
My very first thought was a hardware problem......that is the most common cause of the OP's problem when crashes occur in Safe Mode.
For simplicity sake, I suggested the disabling of the AIO to determine if that software is the problem.

Back