• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What build of Powerdvd are people using ?

H8Red

I am now using 3319a, running on Vista.
The only title I continue having trouble with is Die Hard 4.0 (so far)
It does not matter what player I try, 3104, 3120, 3319a, 3516.
With the first ones I get past the 20th. Fox Blu-Ray title, then the other 20th. fox shows and it starts to pixellate and crashes my system.
If I use the newest player 3516, I cannot play harddrive files, so I created an iso which gives me an internal error on every title I try converted to iso.
They were made with imgburn.

So I guess I´m stuck with 3319a, and no die hard 4.0, does it crash for others too ?

Running on ati 2600xt and vista ultimate.

Please elaborate :)

How are you making the ISOs in ImgBurn? I'm using 3516 at the moment and I've not had a problem with any titles, but, I've not tried a BD+ title with it. I don't feel like ripping FF RotSS right now to test it, but, I have some non-BD+ titles I've ripped recently that all play. These are images ripped direct from the disc to ISO...not ripped to the hard drive first.

I think this has already been discussed in this thread:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10874

Anyway, you have to either create .iso files from original discs with whatever program you like or, if you create them from ripped folders, you have to use Nero Burning ROM 7 or 8 and explicitly specify udf 2.5 as file system for .iso.

Try one of these 2 methods and your .isos will work for sure.

Last edited:
so is ISO w/3516 the only way to play newer stuff from HDD?

Anyone written little batch files to mount each iso from the file instead of going through the process in menus everytime?

If you're using Daemon Tools, look for fastmount...great little helper app.

With the first ones I get past the 20th. Fox Blu-Ray title, then the other 20th. fox shows and it starts to pixellate and crashes my system.

This sounds to me like BD+ not being handled correctly. Is the BDSVM (or whatever it is) folder present in your rip? If not, PowerDVD doesn't have the BD+ code needed to do its thing.

Other sources of pixelation for me have been using hardware acceleration with video cards. You might check your drivers, especially with Vista. I had all sorts of trouble playing my Heroes Season 1 HD DVDs, such as crashing as soon as an episode would start, pixelation often follow soon by crashing, etc. As soon as I dumped my ATi 2400 Pro, 2600 Pro, and GeForce 8500GT (tried all 3 with varying results) and went back to my old Radeon X1300 (no acceleration) and upgraded my CPU to a Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (2.3 GHz) everything has worked perfectly! Heroes works perfectly, I can do IME on my titles that have it, and everything plays smoothly.

This sounds to me like BD+ not being handled correctly. Is the BDSVM (or whatever it is) folder present in your rip? If not, PowerDVD doesn't have the BD+ code needed to do its thing.

Other sources of pixelation for me have been using hardware acceleration with video cards. You might check your drivers, especially with Vista. I had all sorts of trouble playing my Heroes Season 1 HD DVDs, such as crashing as soon as an episode would start, pixelation often follow soon by crashing, etc. As soon as I dumped my ATi 2400 Pro, 2600 Pro, and GeForce 8500GT (tried all 3 with varying results) and went back to my old Radeon X1300 (no acceleration) and upgraded my CPU to a Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (2.3 GHz) everything has worked perfectly! Heroes works perfectly, I can do IME on my titles that have it, and everything plays smoothly.

I think you are right, regarding the hardware acc. when I tried it on my xp setup, I had no acceleration and the movie played.
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10874
It´s not the BD+ thingy, I have all the required files in the bdsvm folder, again it plays in xp without hardware acc.

How are you making the ISOs in ImgBurn? I'm using 3516 at the moment and I've not had a problem with any titles, but, I've not tried a BD+ title with it. I don't feel like ripping FF RotSS right now to test it, but, I have some non-BD+ titles I've ripped recently that all play. These are images ripped direct from the disc to ISO...not ripped to the hard drive first.

Well I had it ripped to harddrive first, then I used imgburn with udf set, thats it.
Should problably try and rip to iso instead.

Well I had it ripped to harddrive first, then I used imgburn with udf set, thats it.
Should problably try and rip to iso instead.

Yup, or use an older version of PowerDVD. Or use Nero 7 or 8 to create a UDF 2.5 ISO from your hard drive folders. I would just simply rip a new ISO from the disc.

... It´s not the BD+ thingy, I have all the required files in the bdsvm folder, again it plays in xp without hardware acc.

That's good. I also ordered Die Hard Collection and hope 3319a will play it well.

Actually, after reading some other thread, I realised that we all forgot a very important issue here:

Newer versions of PowerDVD (I think 3319f and above) will not play BD+ titles if no AACS is present.

So you have only one option if you want to play Die Hard rip (regardless whether .iso of folders): use PowerDVD 3319a or 3104. :(

Now I think may be this is the reason PowerDVD 3516 refuses to play ImgBurn's image. You may try to create an image of non-BD+ Blu-ray rip with ImgBurn and check whether PowerDVD 3516 plays it. But when I was doing experiments with this several months ago, it required udf 2.5 as far as I remember.

Last edited:
Yea, I really wish we had a solution for BD+...I really do.

Yea, I really wish we had a solution for BD+...I really do.
I know.. it´s really annoying.
I also ripped pirates 3, to harddrive, it came out region free, or so it states. But powerdvd 3319a says it cannot play cause of the region setting in the player.
I have tried all 3 regions, no dice, what gives ????
It´s a region B release and it does not have BD+, what can I do about this ?

It might be better to un-tick "Remove Blu-ray Region Code" in AnyDVD altogether for "Pirates" (if it's region free).

Did that, I think, set to remove and auto, under blu-ray settings.
Yet the player refuses and says it´s set to the wrong region.

Ok. do I need to do a re-rip ? (kinda still a newbie.) :doh:

If you ripped to hard drive, you can just copy several small files.

"Pirates 3" uses BD-J for navigation (and to check region as well), so if AnyDVD modified any files to remove region code, most likely these are .jar files in BDJ folder (or whatever it is called, I do not remember exactly). But you can just replace all small files to be sure. You do not need to replace huge .m2ts files, which is good.

Back