• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Different outputs

scu630

I just downloaded the trial versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I've been playing around with the software and had a question. I ripped Transformers using AnyDVD. The output I received was a VIDEO_TS folder 7.48GB in size. I also ripped Transformers using CloneDVD2 via the "CloneDVD" option and selected "DVD files" as the output method. The output was a VIDEO_TS file 6.68GB in size and an AUDIO_TS folder that was empty. My ultimate goal is to backup all my DVDs onto hard-drives.

Why is there a difference between the two?

When I went to watch them using VLC Player, the transitions weren't smooth during playback as the player moved on the the next IFO file in the sequence. Is this normal?

I've read a little about virtual drives and ISO images. If I elected to have CloneDVD output to ISO images would playback be smoother? Would the video quality be the same?

Thanks for all of your help. It is much appreciated!

I just downloaded the trial versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD2. I've been playing around with the software and had a question. I ripped Transformers using AnyDVD.

How? Using what method?

When I went to watch them using VLC Player, the transitions weren't smooth during playback as the player moved on the the next IFO file in the sequence. Is this normal?

Transition between what and what? .ifos don't contain video

I've read a little about virtual drives and ISO images. If I elected to have CloneDVD output to ISO images would playback be smoother?

Shouldn't make any difference at all, unless your playback software is faulty.

Would the video quality be the same?

Yes

Last edited:
Thanks for your help Webslinger.

I used the "rip video dvd to harddisk option" by right-cliking on the Red Fox in my taskbar. I also made a backup by selecting the "Clone DVD"option (the one below "Copy DVD") in CloneDVD2.

I am mistaken about the IFO files. They are actually VOB files. I figured out how to watch the VBO files without any interruptions during playback.

Are there any advantages to having CloneDVD output ISO images as opposed to VBO files?

I used the "rip video dvd to harddisk option" by right-cliking on the Red Fox in my taskbar. I also made a backup by selecting the "Clone DVD"option (the one below "Copy DVD") in CloneDVD2.

That's pretty weird. What version of Anydvd and Clonedvd were you using?

By the way, the audio_ts folder is generally empty (that's normal).

Are there any advantages to having CloneDVD output ISO images as opposed to VBO files?

In terms of what? Not really . . .

Good to know about the AUDIO_TS folder. I'm using the two versions that are currently available for the trial period off of Slysoft's website AnyDVD 6.3.0.1 and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2. Regarding CloneDVD2 outputing to ISO, I was just curious as the whether that should be my de facto over the other two options.

That's pretty weird. What version of Anydvd and Clonedvd were you using?

By the way, the audio_ts folder is generally empty (that's normal).

In terms of what? Not really . . .

Good to know about the AUDIO_TS folder. I'm using the two versions that are currently available for the trial period off of Slysoft's website AnyDVD 6.3.0.1 and CloneDVD2 2.9.1.2. Regarding CloneDVD2 outputing to ISO, I was just curious as the whether that should be my de facto over the other two options.

No. An .iso is merely a disc image. click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_image

Back