• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Addonics Announces Optical Solution that Bridges Blu-ray and HD DVD Formats

Charlie

-- Zebra Blu-ray / HD DVD Player Plays Both Formats and Burns DVD±R/RW and CDRW Media

SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Addonics Technologies today announced its Zebra Blu-ray / HD DVD Player an optical storage solution that allows your PC to play Blu-ray and HD DVD movies from the same tray.

The Zebra Blu-ray / HD DVD Player also plays standard DVDs and CDs in various file formats and burns DVD±R/RW and CDRW media, which makes it one of the most flexible optical drives available. Users can turn their laptop or desktop computer into a high definition movie player and enjoy high definition video quality of 1080p format at 1920x1080 resolution and the dynamic 7.1-channel audio output that comes with the Blu-ray or HD DVD format.

Addonics has left the decision over which high-def video standard will emerge victorious to the end user. Consumers reluctant to purchase single-format hi-def players can now be assured they will not be left with an obsolete player with the Addonics Zebra solution.

Constructed in a sturdy compact aluminum body, the Zebra Blu-ray / HD DVD player & DVD±R/RW burner comes with a choice of high speed eSATA connection or a combination eSATA and USB 2.0 interface.

The Addonics Zebra records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video on compatible DVD+R DL (double layer) and DVD-R DL (dual layer) media. It is bundled with the Cyberlink High-Def Suite for use with Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003, and Vista. The product also supports Linux (Kernel 2.6 and above) with free playback software downloadable from various Linux websites.

Maximum transfer rates in various modes of the Addonics Zebra are Blu-ray BD-ROM 215.79 Mbits/s (6x); HD DVD-ROM 109.65 Mbits/s (3x); DVD-ROM 22.16 Mbytes/s (16x) and CD-ROM 6,000 Kbytes/s (40x).

The Addonics Zebra is compact at 10.16 x 6.61 x 2.36 inches and weighs just 3.72 lbs. The MSRP of the Zebra Blu-ray / HD DVD Player is $409 with eSATA interface, or $429 with combination eSATA and USB 2.0 interface. It is available through the Addonics online store www.shopaddonics.com, major catalog companies, resellers, VARs and distributors, including Amazon.com, PC Connection, CDW, Buy.com, Provantage.com, Insight, and Ingram Micro.

Addonics Technologies Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets a broad line of external and mobile storage products. Addonics is headquartered at 2466 Kruse Drive, San Jose, CA 95131, Phone: 408-433-3899. Visit Addonics at www.addonics.com.

All products/company names are either trademarks or trade names of their respective holders.

Source : Addonics Announces Optical Solution that Bridges Blu-ray and HD DVD Formats

Talk about being behind the curve

LG and LiteOn both have had player/burners available for a few months now. LG also has an external BR/HDD player with R/RW/RAM burning as well, also with eSATA and FireWire I/O, and it came out a month ago. Not to mention the LG, Zap, and DuraBrand home player/burners and MegaTronics HDD/BR PVR player that came out back in September.
Zebra sure took their time didn't they!? lol. :D

But the combine player that it is makes me want to check it out now as it's not to expensive.

I'm not getting a Blu-Ray or HD-DVD yet!!

I don't have my PC or TV set up to accept HD yet, not to speak of the fact I'm still buying regular DVDs, and not the Blu-Ray or HD-DVD ones.

I did buy AnyDVD HD, so I'd like to be able to use it when I get the $$ so I can upgrade my stuff.

But, it's nice to know that the prices are starting to fall down to almost reasonable rates.

I bought the LG Bluray/HD DVD Rom internal Player that burns dual layer dvds at frys for 250 us dollar, it works great and for that price u cant beat it................

I bought the LG Bluray/HD DVD Rom internal Player that burns dual layer dvds at frys for 250 us dollar, it works great and for that price u cant beat it................

Glad that you liked the product. Now I'll probably purchase it myself in a few months.

:)

I have a feeling this is nothing more than an LG GGC-H20 drive in an external case... :D

Back