• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Firmware

govindar76

Hello,

I just got Dell to change my drive from Matshita to a HLDS (Hitachi/LG).

I would like to upgrade the firmware for the drive to a region free one.

I was directed by Jameds to look at "The Firmware Page". But the website seems to be down now, and has been for a while. Is there any other firmware site, where i can find the RPC-1 firmware I need.

My drive is the HLDS GSA-S10N.

Thanks for any assistance.

M1330 optical drive

Hello,

I just received my M1330 with the Matshita drive and would like to change it to the LG. How did you do it? How did you convince Dell to do it? Did they charge you?

Please advice thank you

By the way there is a LG driver on dell support website for the M1330. But perhaps you are already aware ot it

Thank you

Stephane

stephanenyc ...be INSISTENT with Dell. They keep using the Matshita drives, knowing they are low quality and they will replace it if you keep insisting.

Last edited:
Oldjoe,

Thank you for your advice. I will try today and request the LG/Hitachi instead of the one I have

stephanenyc ...be INSISTENT with Dell. They keep using the Matshita drives, knowing they are low quality and they will replace it if you keep insisting.
Yup, thats exactly what I did. I think it also helps if you get a tech who is sympathetic.

I succeed to change my optical drive

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your help. After spending more than 3 hours on the phone with DELL customer service and Technical Support over 3 days. I succeed to convince them to change my DVD drive to the LG Hitachi one. Not easy, I did receive 2 Panasonic drives than I need to sent back and finally received the LG/Hitachi this morning. A Dell guy came home to changed it. I have DVD Region+CSS Free from DVDIdle.com (Free trial version) and it works great with my DVDs zone 1 and 2.

Thank you again and Happy Holiday Season

stepahnenyc

It's probably easier to just replace the thing yourself than try to deal with Dell's irritating support system. For under $30, you should be able to pick up a Samsung SH-S203B; which is one of the best burners available at the moment, based on reviews.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your help. After spending more than 3 hours on the phone with DELL customer service and Technical Support over 3 days. I succeed to convince them to change my DVD drive to the LG Hitachi one. Not easy, I did receive 2 Panasonic drives than I need to sent back and finally received the LG/Hitachi this morning. A Dell guy came home to changed it. I have DVD Region+CSS Free from DVDIdle.com (Free trial version) and it works great with my DVDs zone 1 and 2.

Thank you again and Happy Holiday Season

stepahnenyc

Way to hang in there!!! :D

Back